ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

visitkans

Post by visitkans » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:38 pm

I too not sure about this, another member msgd be saying his Visa got rejected with the reason stating there was no NARIC certificate.

so I have applied for one and am going to apply fresh next week.

The waiting game starts all over afresh for me :)
brandnew wrote:
visitkans wrote:Thanks Shivg,

Did lots of research and its as confusing as it can get, all am trying to find out is that,

Is the english test Mandatory even if we get a "Medium of Instruction" certificate from Uni
shivg wrote:Hi Visitkans, I would suggest you do some research before reapplying. An appeal takes 6-9months if it goes all the way to a court hearing. If it is a case of insufficient evidience, there *might* be a decent chance of the decision getting overturned by the ECO in which case it might be a matter of 2 months. (Will be great if you could keep this board posted.)

Good luck

I am a bit worried now, i am planning to apply for spouse visa for my wife who is a post graduate. Medium of Instruction is not mentioned on her certificate but we do have a letter from Uni that specifies the course was taught in English. I read in one of the posts in the fourm that if we have a letter from Uni we dont need to get our certificate from NARIC. I think it is a good idea to take opinion from moderator

newb
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa granted

Post by newb » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:35 pm

Dear All,

I have been a silent follower of the forum for the past 3 months. I would like to thank everybody on the forum for advice and guidance. Just wanted to update you. My Husband applied for spouse visa on the 03.06.2011 India Pune VFS. Status changed to application processed on 28.07.2011 passport received 29.07.2011. Visa Granted :D :D

We can finally start our married life together

Thanks once again to every1. Good Luck to all the others waiting...

anxious1983
Newly Registered

Post by anxious1983 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:12 pm

Hi all,

My wife in India has applied for a UK Settlement visa on 10th June 2011 at the Mumbai North centre. The problem is that we assumed processing times would be relatively short and so earlier in the year we booked a Wedding reception in the UK for 3rd September assuming she would be here by now.

I am tearing my hair out in despair waiting for the visa decision to come through soon - what are our chances of this coming through in time? We have booked everything in advance and would face a logistical nightmare to reaarange. So far it has been 7 weeks. Is there anything we can do to let the BHC know our predicament and ask them to process it faster?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

spiderwick
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa application - 23 June, Mumbai North

Post by spiderwick » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi,

I have applied for my wife's settlement visa on 23/06/2011 at vfs Mumbai north, still under process...

Just wanted to find out if anyone applied around the same date? or in the month of June?

Your replies are much appreciated!

Cheers

p_m
Newly Registered

Hi!

Post by p_m » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Hello !

I recently joinded this forum.

And would like to know from 'Visitkans,' when you read about a member whos' visa was rejected becaue he did not provide a NARIC certificate, did he mention, if the degree he submitted was present in " the point base calculatort?"

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

In case the degree is not mentioned therein, one needs to directly contacet UK NARIC to get their approval(certificate).

However, if the dregree is available on this calculator which meens UK NARIC considers it as "deemed to have been taught to the standard of a Bachelors degree in the UK." Furtherome, one needs to prove that this accedmic qulification was taught in english language. Which can be done by a letter from the Institutions or University providing such degree stating, the cource was taught in English language.

So, guys let me know despide providing the above,l the British Embassy would reject visa becaue one did not provide a NARIC certificate.

Thank P_M

visitkans wrote:I too not sure about this, another member msgd be saying his Visa got rejected with the reason stating there was no NARIC certificate.

so I have applied for one and am going to apply fresh next week.

The waiting game starts all over afresh for me :)
brandnew wrote:

Did lots of research and its as confusing as it can get, all am trying to find out is that,

Is the english test Mandatory even if we get a "Medium of Instruction" certificate from Uni
shivg wrote:Hi Visitkans, I would suggest you do some research before reapplying. An appeal takes 6-9months if it goes all the way to a court hearing. If it is a case of insufficient evidience, there *might* be a decent chance of the decision getting overturned by the ECO in which case it might be a matter of 2 months. (Will be great if you could keep this board posted.)

Good luck

I am a bit worried now, i am planning to apply for spouse visa for my wife who is a post graduate. Medium of Instruction is not mentioned on her certificate but we do have a letter from Uni that specifies the course was taught in English. I read in one of the posts in the fourm that if we have a letter from Uni we dont need to get our certificate from NARIC. I think it is a good idea to take opinion from moderator

p_m
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by p_m » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Hi!

Bandnew, basically i am not an Immigration expert, but as far as I understand the english language requirement, it says:

1. Having a acedmic qualification (not professional or vocational),which is deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's degree in the UK

Further, to check weather educational qualificatin that you wish to submit to the BC meets UK NARIC standard of a Bachelor's degree in the UK. You can check it on: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator.

2. You have to prrove that this acedmic qualification was taught in english language, which can be done by a letter form the specific University.

If you can satisfy both these reqirements you need not give a english test.

Thanks

P_m

brandnew wrote:

Good luck

spiderwick
Newly Registered

please post an update...

Post by spiderwick » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi Anxious,

I applied for my wife's visa on 23 June 2011, still haven't received it.
If you don't mind could you please post an update once you get your wife's Passport/sms etc, so that i can estimate when my wife will get her passport back.

All the best to you, as you are really in a spot!

anxious1983 wrote:Hi all,

My wife in India has applied for a UK Settlement visa on 10th June 2011 at the Mumbai North centre. The problem is that we assumed processing times would be relatively short and so earlier in the year we booked a Wedding reception in the UK for 3rd September assuming she would be here by now.

I am tearing my hair out in despair waiting for the visa decision to come through soon - what are our chances of this coming through in time? We have booked everything in advance and would face a logistical nightmare to reaarange. So far it has been 7 weeks. Is there anything we can do to let the BHC know our predicament and ask them to process it faster?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

kj29

Post by kj29 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:50 pm

thunder19 wrote:
jay6610 wrote:hey

@thunder

i havent heard anything at all matey. I guess its into the next week now. The wait just carries on.. I guess we now have to wait till the 90 day period. Lets hope the next week bring us more joy rather then sadness. I dont understand what is taking them so long to make a decision.

Many thanks
Jay
same here pal i have no idea, i checked guide to visa process time and i was shocked all over india its 90 or 120 days now for 100 percent. i dont understand why is it taking them such a long time.

anyways keep us updated and i will do the same fingers crossed.
what is happening with ur visa pal any luck yet

kj29

Post by kj29 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:51 pm

Ejaz12 wrote:I have lodged my appeal on 21st July and decision should be overturn in 2 month.... Best Luck for all who waiting for visa...
good luck pal i hope you have ur visa soon

thunder19

Post by thunder19 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:01 pm

kj29 wrote:
Hi Kj29

long time, I dont know whats happening with the visa process it still says under process its 66th day today week 14 and still going on, hope its not to long now. whole process is heart breaking.

jay6610
Newly Registered

Post by jay6610 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:52 pm

@thunder
@kj

hey bud. How are you. I see the wait is carry on for us. I havent heard anything either. I take it you havent heard anything at all. Hopefully with a bit of luck, it should be here soon. Hang in their guys and stay positive.You have been patience this long, little while longer it wont harm.

Many Regards
Jay

kj29

Post by kj29 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:12 pm

thunder19 wrote:
kj29 wrote:
Hi Kj29

long time, I dont know whats happening with the visa process it still says under process its 66th day today week 14 and still going on, hope its not to long now. whole process is heart breaking.
OMG seems like I have just missed the dreaded long delays my thoughts are with you guys hope all of you are with your loved once soon I will keep reading this link pleased to see new people are joining this thread it is source of feedback people wont get anywhere else good luck thunder 19

thunder19

Post by thunder19 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:21 am

kj29 wrote:
OMG seems like I have just missed the dreaded long delays my thoughts are with you guys hope all of you are with your loved once soon I will keep reading this link pleased to see new people are joining this thread it is source of feedback people wont get anywhere else good luck thunder 19
Thanks mate, i dont understand such a long delay :?: no point though nothing is done about it anyway, nearly 5 months now. :(

kj29

Post by kj29 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:39 am

jay6610 wrote:@thunder
@kj

hey bud. How are you. I see the wait is carry on for us. I havent heard anything either. I take it you havent heard anything at all. Hopefully with a bit of luck, it should be here soon. Hang in their guys and stay positive.You have been patience this long, little while longer it wont harm.

Many Regards
Jay
positive thoughts and encouraging words jay good luck to you as well

kj29

Post by kj29 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:42 am

thunder19 wrote:
kj29 wrote:
Thanks mate, i dont understand such a long delay :?: no point though nothing is done about it anyway, nearly 5 months now. :(
immigration is big issue in uk thunder labour goverment allowed masses of people in and new conservative goverment is trying to balance it and therefore we are seeing long delays more refusals, for previous goverments mistakes new applicants are paying now

thunder19

Post by thunder19 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:44 am

@kj

Many Regards
Jay
hi jay6610. how are you ?
have you got any update pal please let me know. i havent heard anything yet.

jay6610
Newly Registered

Post by jay6610 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:54 am

@thunder

Well I gota call from the BHC Mumbai to attend an interview with them in couple of weeks time. Bit nervous and excited at the same time. Have you heard anything buddy. Hang in their and stay positive. Good things do happen for those who wait. It wont be long before your back with your loved once..

Many thans
Jay6610

thunder19

Post by thunder19 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:20 am

Well I gota call from the BHC Mumbai to attend an interview with them in couple of weeks time. Bit nervous and excited at the same time. Have you heard anything buddy. Hang in their and stay positive. Good things do happen for those who wait. It wont be long before your back with your loved once..

Many thans
Jay6610
hi Jay
when did you get this call ? Good luck for the interview and stay positive.

kj29

Post by kj29 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:18 am

Many thans
Jay6610
hi jay interveiws are very unusal these days when you go for interveiw make sure you are well prepared and make sure you properly go through your application if you have a copy of application and all supporting documents dont we complacent and as long you are true you will be fine good luck

jay6610
Newly Registered

Post by jay6610 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:31 pm

@KJ

THANKS BUD FOR THE HEADS UP. WILL MAKE SURE I PREPARE WELL. WE JUST GOT TO STAY POSITIVE AND HANDLE THE SITUATION. YOUR RIGHT AS LONG AS YOU ARE HONEST ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIPS AND OTHER QUESTION, THEY CANT REALLY KNOCK YOU. HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING MATEY..

MANY THANKS
jay6610

kj29

Post by kj29 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:40 pm

jay6610 wrote:@KJ

THANKS BUD FOR THE HEADS UP. WILL MAKE SURE I PREPARE WELL. WE JUST GOT TO STAY POSITIVE AND HANDLE THE SITUATION. YOUR RIGHT AS LONG AS YOU ARE HONEST ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIPS AND OTHER QUESTION, THEY CANT REALLY KNOCK YOU. HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING MATEY..

MANY THANKS
jay6610
hi jay my wife got her visa last month after 59 days and is in uk now and we both are very happy it was worst nightmare waiting for her visa to come through thank god it is over for us and i pray for u all

ayesha alim
Newly Registered

Post by ayesha alim » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:16 pm

thunder i have applied from hyderabad india on 13 april i recieved my passport today that means 79 working days wif visa granted alhumdullilah have faith in god he is all knowing

thunder19

Post by thunder19 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:52 pm

ayesha alim wrote:thunder i have applied from hyderabad india on 13 april i recieved my passport today that means 79 working days wif visa granted alhumdullilah have faith in god he is all knowing
Hi Ayesha
congratulations and have a fantastic married life . :D

anxious1983
Newly Registered

Visa processed

Post by anxious1983 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Thought I'd update you all with my wife's visa application (despite the fact no one bothered to help me out in my post). It has now been processed and delivered:

Application date: 10th June 2011
Application centre: Mumbai North
Application processed: 8th August 2011
Application delivered: 9th August 2011

Total working days : 42

Not sure if this was a coincidence, but it was processed the same day I asked my MP to check its progress and ask for something to be done about the delay.

Good day to you all

jay6610
Newly Registered

Post by jay6610 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:59 am

@thunder

how are you bud. Any news from your side. Hang in their mate and stay positive.

Many thanks

@anxious

Congrats to both of you,have a happy married life.