ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ECM review for Visa appeal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kalpitgopi
Newly Registered

ECM review for Visa appeal

Post by kalpitgopi » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi all

I have had rejection in my wife's dependent visa with reason mentioning their doubt about genuineness of our relationship though we sent all the photos and certificate of our marriage.

Now i've lodged an appeal with some additional evidence such as my call history and some more photos before marriage. After about 15days i received an aknowledgement of my appeal on 26the July.

Now I know that ECM reviews the application and may overturn the decision but i heard from people that ECM never overturns the decision or there are very very less chances of it and i'll have to wait for 6-8 months now.

Can anyone tell me if its true? How do i know if they have sent my appeal to AIT? Do they inform us if they've sent it to AIT?

How long ECM takes approximately to review before he sends it to AIT?

Please help.
I dont want to wait for ages so now i m thinking to withdraw my appeal and make fresh application. Does anyone also know how to withdraw an appeal?

javascript:emoticon(':roll:')

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:44 am

APL1.20 Applicant makes fresh application while an appeal is outstanding wrote:A person who has an appeal pending can make a fresh application for entry clearance in the same or any other category. There is no requirement for a person to withdraw an appeal when making a fresh application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hmm

Post by hmm » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:49 pm

ECM rarely over turn their original decision but I know cases where it was over turned after ECM review.

Look into the following UKBA site to know all about appeals and time frames, etc...
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/appeal ... s#22288514

It is hard to say how long ECM will take to review your application but it will be done within the time frame mentioned in the above site.
As mentioned in 'vinny's post you don't need to withdraw the appeal to re-aplly for the visa.

kalpitgopi
Newly Registered

Post by kalpitgopi » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:30 pm

Thanks for the information friends..

But do they inform me if ECM have not overturned the decision and sent it to AIT?

I m also thinking of changing my wife's name in her passport with my name in the middle before making a fresh application as i think that can be stronger evidence for our relationship. I will wait until i collect more evidence, latest documents, and until her name gets changed. If i dont get any response by then i'll make a fresh application with proper advise of solicitor.

Is there any problem in sending her passport to get the name changed while my appeal is in process???

hmm

Post by hmm » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:41 am

If ECM overturn the original decision and decide to issue the visa the BHC will contact the visa applicant and asked to submit the passport.

If ECM did not over turn their decision and decide to go with appeal they would sent a bundle and a ECM review letter to the AIT. The AIT will then write to you with the date for hearing.

kalpitgopi
Newly Registered

Post by kalpitgopi » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:14 pm

hi all
can anyone tell me if we can send my wife's passport to add my name in the passport while her dependent visa appeal is in process?

i have lodged appeal before one month. The reason i want to add my name in her passport is i'm thinking to make a new application rather than waiting for ages for appeal result and i think change of name in her passport would be a strong proof of our relationship.

Can someone help plz???

Eram1122
Newly Registered

Re: ECM review for Visa appeal

Post by Eram1122 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:15 pm

Hi my husband applied for settlement visa from New Delhi india it was refused due to finical requirement documents which they said was not in file ! Which was and I think the ECO did not take time looking at his file so we did a ECM REVIEW CAN anyone tell me how long they take ? And who to call for a update for ECM Review? Can anyone help they have recieved the ECM on Monday 13 June 2016 ! Thank u