ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COURT SUMMONS / LIABILITY ORDER - ILR based on Tier 1

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MICKS

COURT SUMMONS / LIABILITY ORDER - ILR based on Tier 1

Post by MICKS » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:37 pm

Hi All,

I am currently on Tier 1 visa in UK.

I own are rental property and my Tenants have not been paying Council Tax. This has gone to a point that I have been issued with a Magistrates Court Summons in my Name with the threat of being issued with a Liability order in 2 weeks time.

While I am trying to sort this out with the council, the obvious question that is bothering me is how will this effect my ILR application which is not far away ?

Now I have been issued with the Magistrates Court Summons, will I have to declare this on ILR application form even though I am not the occupant of that property and have been paying my council tax on time ?

Getting stressed... Please help, any advice would be appreciated.

shyamite

Post by shyamite » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:42 pm

I am also in same boat.But if you pay promptly ( or some other way around) then no further proceeding will be there.
And it should not reflect on credit report as it is not CCJ but Magistrate one.

I am not sure about visa thing and looking for answer as well.

LEGAL SOLUTION

re your case

Post by LEGAL SOLUTION » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:39 pm

hi

for you both, its not a problem for your ilr, until you get liability order