ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i change my mind before the ceremony? and other Qs

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sylang
Newly Registered

Can i change my mind before the ceremony? and other Qs

Post by sylang » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Hi, first post here. thank you all in advance

My situation: both husband and wife have ILR and are ready to apply for BC (5+1).

Questions:
1.How long can I wait between the approval and the ceremony, and can a successful applicant change his/her mind before the ceremony? I will apply for BC before go to work overseas but my wife can only decide depending on where i am going. I obviously don't want to pay two separate fees. just wonder if it is possible for us to apply at the same time with one fee and then my wife can decide whether she really wants to do this before the ceremony?

2.Form AN Q1.1 asks for a ref number, what is that? is it something in my ILR endorsement?

3.in terms of referee, can someone with a PhD cover the professional reference? My thought is probably not. Any one has any experience in this?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:11 pm

You have 90 days to attend the ceremony after the approval. If you don't attend, then you don't become a British citizen.

The cost for a joint fee is roughly 1.5 times a single fee. So you either will save half of the cost or waste half of the cost. Citizenship is a big step in life. If your wife is not sure, better for her to wait until she is sure.

1.1 is the HO reference. Should be in your ILR letter. If you are not sure, just leave it blank. That's fine.
2. A Phd can act a referee if his profession is on the list. The PhD degree itself doesn't matter.

sylang
Newly Registered

thanks. very clear

Post by sylang » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:21 am