ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa - Do they count child tax credits as income?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pompeyboy

Post by pompeyboy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:02 pm

We will be settling in Trowbridge. A 3 bedroom townhome costs 625. CT is about 120 for this property. It is easily commutable to Bristol where I will work.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:27 pm

That's fine then.

pompeyboy

Post by pompeyboy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:27 pm

So my accommodation will cost me 745 a month (625 + 120). For myself, my wife and 4 kids, I need 355 per week. When I add this up, it comes to 27, 400. My salary is 27,000 and after tax it comes to around 21,000.

Will I not be rejected based on the fact that I fall short?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:39 pm

pompeyboy wrote:So my accommodation will cost me 745 a month (625 + 120). For myself, my wife and 4 kids, I need 355 per week. When I add this up, it comes to 27, 400. My salary is 27,000 and after tax it comes to around 21,000.

Will I not be rejected based on the fact that I fall short?
Okay so basically your income does make you fall short. However, you do have savings and you do have a monthly income from your rental property. This coupled with the fact that your family are canadian (one of the fast track countries) will make it easier for their approval. I don't see a problem with your application. Include evidence of everything (including the rental property and savings as well as your wife's employability). I've seen many American and canadian applicants fall short but the ECOs let it slide fortunately for people from such countries and unfortunate for others. It's unfair but that's life I suppose. So stop panicking and get on with your application.

pompeyboy

Post by pompeyboy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:48 pm

ElenaW wrote: Okay so basically your income does make you fall short. However, you do have savings and you do have a monthly income from your rental property. This coupled with the fact that your family are canadian (one of the fast track countries) will make it easier for their approval. I don't see a problem with your application. Include evidence of everything (including the rental property and savings as well as your wife's employability). I've seen many American and canadian applicants fall short but the ECOs let it slide fortunately for people from such countries and unfortunate for others. It's unfair but that's life I suppose. So stop panicking and get on with your application.
Thanks for the advice. I guess I am so hesitant because the VISAS will cost 1300 x 5 and I would hate to be rejected.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:28 pm

pompeyboy wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I guess I am so hesitant because the VISAS will cost 1300 x 5 and I would hate to be rejected.
Yeah I can see your hesitation. Your finances are not water tight. However, I don't see any other choice that you have apart from finding a higher paid job. Give it your best shot is all I can say. More likely than not they'll let it slide. Pretty high approval rate in Canada. Good luck.

shadhk

Post by shadhk » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:29 am

The short fall is around £100 per month, but you have £5000 in saving, and according to this court judgment, it is more than enough to meet the shortfall in your income.

Go ahead, you shouldn't have any problem to get visa in 4 weeks.

pompeyboy

Post by pompeyboy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Casa wrote:The ECO won't take the possibility of your wife finding employment into consideration when calculating the finances available, but it would help if she could submit a written offer of work for when she arrives.
According to the documentation online, the ECO WILL take into consideration the potential of my wife working.

The joint income of the couple should be taken into account when assessing the adequacy of the funds available. When considering applications from a person who was admitted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner it will not normally be necessary to request evidence to show that they can maintain and accommodate themselves without recourse to public funds. An exception would be where there is evidence to suggest that the couple have already had recourse to public funds. See below...

Points to consider:
It is the ability of the couple together to meet the requirements, which the ECO will need to take into account.
The applicant should be able to produce reasonably firm plans for the foreseeable future.
Do they have they some idea of the employment which they will be seeking (if not already arranged) or any other way in which they will be able to maintain themselves?
If members of the couple’s families in the UK offer to maintain the couple adequately until they can do so from their own resources are these arrangements adequate. See MAA4

She has a diploma in a certain field and has worked in that field for 20 years.