ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

u.k visa supporting documents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dekaf

u.k visa supporting documents

Post by dekaf » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:21 pm

i am a nigerian smallscale enterprenue planing to attend my cousin gradution the u.k, which will be my first visit, can anyone here advice me on what supporting document i will need for my visa application.
thank you.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Letter from the college your cousin is graduating from,a huge bank statement to prove you have funds to take care of yourself while in UK,letter from your cousin inviting you and proof that you have business in Nigeria and you intend to come back to your business.

dekaf

Post by dekaf » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:29 am

thank you for urgent reply, have already make arrangement for my hotel and return air fares. how much do you think i should have for my ten days stay in the uk and huge should i have in my account.
regards.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:52 am

There is no set amount. Do you plan to eat at expensive restaurants, etc? How much do you have in your accounts?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:23 am

I think the bigger the statement is the better you will get clearance.Hotels are expensive some rooms can go for £200-300 per night.

When the immigration officer at heathrow asks you how much you have on you if you say £100 they might send you back to Nigeria.I think £1000 is reasonable or better still a credit card.

Don't carry too much money as this might cause UKBA to be suspicious .

dekaf

Post by dekaf » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:52 pm

i really appreciate your response, even though it not my first application for a uk visa but i think i have a better chance now than ever. i donot intend living large in the uk rather live reasonable. what i have presently in my bank account is not more than a thousand pound and i am still expecting some of my cheques to coming. please, kindly advice me more on what should be the minimum balance in my bank account before i submit my application.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:22 pm

The link that was posted by Vinny gave the requirements for visitors.There is no set amount.
The link in case you missed it is here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visit ... documents/
I came across more information in the "sticky" http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... a320328b0f