ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried partner -now to apply leave to remain but broke up

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Taffycat
Newly Registered

Unmarried partner -now to apply leave to remain but broke up

Post by Taffycat » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:37 pm

HI

Need some help here.
Good day

I entered the UK with a 2year working holiday visa, after 2years I got an unmarried partner visa via my British boyfriend. My visa expires in November.

However he has moved to switserland about 18months ago though we still stayed in contact and were still partners (he had to move for work). I know that this disqualified me for the visa and I really should have gone back to SA but we did not realise this until now or at least that is what I think.

My visa expires in November and we can apply for me to leave to remain but the home office said that they might give me an extension but more or less they will say no as in their eyes we are not together anymore as we dont live together even though his bills are sent to our house address. My boyfriend is very reluctant to do the application and since I am not moving to live with him it looks like we will go our seperate ways sooner or later.

I really cannot leave the UK, I have a lot of debt here and I am settled.

Another option is to apply for the visa but use his cousin as my "partner" as we have been living with him for 4 years now so I can say that he is my partner but, will the embassy not see that it's not the same partner as before?

I don't know what to do, I cannot apply for a work permit as I do not have a degree even though my boss said he'll sponser me as I am the office manager and been working here now for 2years.

What are my options?

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:22 pm

Taffy; this board can only give you legitimate advise and will not in any way reccommend the use of ILLEGAL measures!.....

If the relationship has broken down then find alternative legal immigration routes
Where there is a will there is a way.