ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Dependent child

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prn
Newly Registered

T1 Dependent child

Post by prn » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi,

Myself has T1 valid till Feb13. I am planning to apply for my wife and kid from India.

Regarding maintenance of fund proof for my kid(1yr+).
I find this pbs guideline on a/c holder name confusing
"
the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children
only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;
"
Does this mean my wife's (mother of applicant) sole savings a/c statement cannot be given as proof ?
I had seen comments in the forum which says the a/c should be in name of T1-visa holder or in joint a/c of parents.

Also given the age of kid, I assume I can leave signature box in vfa10(part9) empty.

--prn

ash123

Post by ash123 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:11 pm

Read the instructions clearly on that section. It says Parents can sign if baby is small.

Not sure about bank statements. You may need cover letter saying all savings are in your wife's bank account (which I am assuming is in UK).
Applying for Tier 1 Dependant visa for baby

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:25 pm

You would have to show maintenence amount in your account only...

prn
Newly Registered

Post by prn » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:50 pm

Thanks for the inputs.

We are yet to move to UK. All accounts in India.

Do we have similar cases where there was rejection due to maintenance not being in T1 holder a/c
OR do we have successful filing with child dependent's mother's saving a/c as proof of maintenance funds ?

--Prashant