ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which form is needed for a Fiance visa application?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

conelize
Newly Registered

Which form is needed for a Fiance visa application?

Post by conelize » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:16 pm

My fiancee is currently applying for a Fiancee application to come the UK, we will get married within 6 months and then apply to get it switched over to a Marriage visa.

We included all the nessecary supporting documents and a filled out Visa Settlement Application. Is this the correct form for a fiancee application?

As this morning the VFS rejected her application and said she needed to applying for a marriage visitor visa, return to her home country and then apply for a marriage settlement visa. Why they have done this I have no idea as we have followed all the online guidance and don't understand why they are saying this.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:22 pm

where did she apply for the visa? before you were mentioning her applying from a different country other than her nationality?

what exactly does the refusal say?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:24 pm

If you are British or settled, then see also: Which visa application form do I use?

However, they may be right if she's not applying from her country of residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

conelize
Newly Registered

Post by conelize » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:46 pm

I just spoke to my fiance and she cleared things up more.

Basically my fiancee is applying for a fiance visa from her home country, when she turned up at the VFS the staff there said that she had to apply for a marriage visitor visa and then return to her home country to apply for marriage settlement in the UK.

But we were both under the impression that getting a fiance visa is specifically for marrying a UK national without having to return home to then get a marriage visa.

Talking to her it seems to me that the VFS staff were incorrect and didn't seem to be aware that a fiance visa exists. But I'm just concerned that maybe we are overlooking something.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:00 pm

conelize wrote:I just spoke to my fiance and she cleared things up more.

Basically my fiancee is applying for a fiance visa from her home country, when she turned up at the VFS the staff there said that she had to apply for a marriage visitor visa and then return to her home country to apply for marriage settlement in the UK.

But we were both under the impression that getting a fiance visa is specifically for marrying a UK national without having to return home to then get a marriage visa.

Talking to her it seems to me that the VFS staff were incorrect and didn't seem to be aware that a fiance visa exists. But I'm just concerned that maybe we are overlooking something.
you are under the right impression. Suggest complaining to the embassy.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:56 pm

She definately needs to apply on form VAF4a - Fiance.
I agree with Greenie...complain.