ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

minor nauralisation application form-9 query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dublintogalway

minor nauralisation application form-9 query

Post by dublintogalway » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi Guys,
I have to fill in naturalisation application form-9 for my child.There is a section 2.9 to fill in GNIB number. Children are not registered with GNIB.
What should I fill in as GNIB number in the form?Can I fill it as N/A?
I was wondering why this section 2.9 is mentioned in form-9 as children don't have GNIB number unless mother's GNIB number is required to fill in that section..
Please help in this query..

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:01 pm

I'd say mother's GNIB # will suffice...but IF the child has his/her own passport then i thought that has to be stamped as well by immigration authorities meaning child will get GNIB #...

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:25 pm

fatty patty wrote:I'd say mother's GNIB # will suffice...but IF the child has his/her own passport then i thought that has to be stamped as well by immigration authorities meaning child will get GNIB #...
thanks fatty patty. Children don't get stamp on the passport and they can only apply for multiple entry visa but no stamp is done.
I am not sure about mother GNIB. I am thinking to mark it as N/A, but still not sure what to do.:)

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:55 am

dublintogalway wrote:
fatty patty wrote:I'd say mother's GNIB # will suffice...but IF the child has his/her own passport then i thought that has to be stamped as well by immigration authorities meaning child will get GNIB #...
thanks fatty patty. Children don't get stamp on the passport and they can only apply for multiple entry visa but no stamp is done.
I am not sure about mother GNIB. I am thinking to mark it as N/A, but still not sure what to do.:)
Hi dublintogalway,
as far as I know they issue GNIB for children at the age of 16 years and they can apply as minors until they reach 18 years so the GNIB number will be applicable at that time but if your child is less than 16 years so this section is not applicable.

I asked this question before and the answer from some senior members here in the forum was something like that.
peace on you

dublintogalway

hi

Post by dublintogalway » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:11 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:I asked this question before and the answer from some senior members here in the forum was something like that.
Thanks IRISH PHAROE.

creb99
Newly Registered

Post by creb99 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:18 pm

Ah, thanks! I was pondering on this myself.

Does anybody know how long it will take for a minor to get his/her CON?