ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ayesha alim
Newly Registered

settlement visa

Post by ayesha alim » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:48 am

hi i have been reading all the post regularly can any one please help me
i married a british when i was in london but not legally because iwas a overstayer for 2 years on student visa but i was fighting for my case but my solicitor mis lead me ne ways i got married in 2007 my visa was refused before that 2006 but my passport was with the home office so i lived with my husband and when i fell pregnant i was missing my parents i came bac voluntarily on my own expenses and my husband came along got married in india and he was staying with me and we have a baby boy alhumdulliah as i was hindu before got married to a muslim i was really scared that my prents wont accept me but they are fine with it my son has brirish passport now
i have recently applied for my settlement visa but im a bit confused i wrote a letter to the bhc regarding my overstay and the papers IS151 sent every thing when i was filling up the form they was a question would you work in uk i said yes and i wrote as i have my degree in uel but i dint produce it along with application because it still with my university in london and one more thing my husbands p60 i couldnt produce as he was with me for 2years and he started his work last july and i have applyd now before the taxe year but i wrote and explained it can any one tell would it be a problem please i am in bare tension please help

khan2015

Re: settlement visa

Post by khan2015 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:45 am

hi,I have read your case first of all you don't need to show that you were working only thing you should do If you could provide your previous part time employment records because you was a student so If you could provide that you were working part time it should be enough but If you havn't got then you do not need to worry at all.All you have to do because you are applying for a settlement visa so your husband should be working at that time of when you submitted your application for settlement visa.If so,you will be fine all you have to show that you were living with your partner from last 2 years It's more important to provide.
Rest of the things are ok.I don't think so there is any problem in your case.
just make sure couple of things
1.Proof of 2 years living together
2.At the time of Application your husband should be in full time employment to support you.
nothing else to worry.take it easy wish you all the best for you n your family in future.
thanks

ayesha alim
Newly Registered

thank you MR khan

Post by ayesha alim » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:19 am

thank you for the reply
yeah i did submitt all the prove his residential permit india staying in my fathers house , pictures taken ,marriage in india pictures, and his passport whole with stampings of him visting india coming and going inshallah it should be fine but i couldnt subbmit my pay slips i left in london in my old house after moving to my husbands place i forgot about them i got a message on 18/4/11 visa under process

khan2015

Re: thank you MR khan

Post by khan2015 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:24 am

Re:thats great but to be very honest if you would ask this question before sending your application I would suggest you to go in person to any public inquiry office to get your settlement visa on spot.but as you mentioned that you have already send it to the HO now all you can do just wait nothing I can recommend you anymore.More important thing is to show them that your husband can support you without any benefits .Nothing to worry at all just wait for the settlement visa.
If in case you have any further documents to be asked by HO don't feel any hesitation to discuss.
keep in touch with this forum until your final decision.nothing more
thanks

ayesha alim
Newly Registered

re:

Post by ayesha alim » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:48 am

i am bit confused because as you said that if i did discuss wif you about it i would get the visa on da spot in any public enquiry i couldnt get you because i am in india and i have applied from hyderabad processing in chennai all the settlement visa people do the same i havent heard about this before?

and about my husband he has 2 jobs part time on 24 hours and ada 36 hours full time he gets around 1350 pounds and he has savings around 5000pounds i should every fing inshallah jus praying for the visa

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: thank you MR khan

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:27 am

khan2015 wrote:Re:thats great but to be very honest if you would ask this question before sending your application I would suggest you to go in person to any public inquiry office to get your settlement visa on spot.but as you mentioned that you have already send it to the HO now all you can do just wait nothing I can recommend you anymore.More important thing is to show them that your husband can support you without any benefits .Nothing to worry at all just wait for the settlement visa.
If in case you have any further documents to be asked by HO don't feel any hesitation to discuss.
keep in touch with this forum until your final decision.nothing more
thanks
the original poster is in India so clearly can't apply at the peo.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:42 am

I wish I'd seen this thread before it got so far! You've been given incorrect information. Firstly, you don't have to show you've been living together for 2 years. This is the requirement for an Unmarried Partner Visa, not for a Spouse Settlement visa. Secondly, although this doesn't apply to you as you're in India, any member reading this should bear in mind that an application which isn't 100% straightforward should be submitted by post. The PEO officers don't have the authority to approve anything which needs referral to superiors.
You've done the right thing by the way in declaring your work in the UK. If you had withheld this information you would have faced a refusal/ban if it had been traced...which is easy for the UKBA to do. I know of someone who has recently been granted a spouse visa following an overstay and illegal working in the UK...which they declared in the application.
It won't matter whether your husband has 2 part-time jobs as long as the weekly income is sufficient to support the 3 of you. The £5,000 savings will strengthen the financial side of the application considerably.
Inshallah, everything will be fine.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Casa wrote:I wish I'd seen this thread before it got so far! You've been given incorrect information. Firstly, you don't have to show you've been living together for 2 years. This is the requirement for an Unmarried Partner Visa, not for a Spouse Settlement visa. Secondly, although this doesn't apply to you as you're in India, any member reading this should bear in mind that an application which isn't 100% straightforward should be submitted by post. The PEO officers don't have the authority to approve anything which needs referral to superiors.
You've done the right thing by the way in declaring your work in the UK. If you had withheld this information you would have faced a refusal/ban if it had been traced...which is easy for the UKBA to do. I know of someone who has recently been granted a spouse visa following an overstay and illegal working in the UK...which they declared in the application.
It won't matter whether your husband has 2 part-time jobs as long as the weekly income is sufficient to support the 3 of you. The £5,000 savings will strengthen the financial side of the application considerably.
Inshallah, everything will be fine.
Thank God for Mods. Good advice Casa,

Ayesah I have sent you a persoanl PM.Read it.Its similar to what Cas has said to you.Good luck

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Thanks for your support Batleykhan

ayesha alim
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by ayesha alim » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:50 pm

thanks for your suggestions its been really nice hearing positive fings thanks alot im just praying that i should get the visa inshallah its been a year me and son didnt see my husband hope to c soon inshallah

khan2015

Re: thanks

Post by khan2015 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:55 pm

ayesha alim wrote:thanks for your suggestions its been really nice hearing positive fings thanks alot im just praying that i should get the visa inshallah its been a year me and son didnt see my husband hope to c soon inshallah
Re: Ok you are in india right sorry for that I didn't notice that but any ways you have applied already so all the documentations you need you had already submitted so nothing to worry about it.even if you are in india then of course you husband needs to show that he can accommodate you n your child with depending on any benefits and must be doing a job/business to show that he can support his family.he needs to show that he got a house here in UK it should be 2 bedrooms and also he needs a survey report from a local estate agent plus he needs to show after paying the rent/mortgage he has £350/week savings then i can you you shouldn't have any problems.all the expenses would work in this way not just putting £5,000 in the account. Maintainance funds should be according to the property and the persons for example If you have a child under age then you need a one separate room for him/her normally 2 under-age kids can stay in one room but because you have 1 child you need to show one extra rooms means your husband needs to show that he is renting a 2 bedroom property plus after paying rent/mortgage and bills he should have £350 savings/week.If so, there would not be any problem for you.
I hope this u can understand now what it should be.
thanks
just wait n see

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Khan with respect, where on earth are you getting these 'facts' from?
Firstly, you don't need a 2 bedroom property for a couple with a baby. Secondly, there isn't a need for £350 per week savings! The basic rule is after paying rent or mortgage, council tax and any credit/loan repayments you have a minimum of £105.75 remaining as a couple and £65 for the child. The need to include council tax now may also be in doubt. You don't have to include other bills, food or personal spending etc.
This is nowhere near the sum of £350 you've suggested.
I'm aware that every member is entitled to give an opinion, but please don't continue to advise incorrectly...you're just adding the Ayesha's concern.

khan2015

Post by khan2015 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:40 pm

Casa wrote:Khan with respect, where on earth are you getting these 'facts' from?
Firstly, you don't need a 2 bedroom property for a couple with a baby. Secondly, there isn't a need for £350 per week savings! The basic rule is after paying rent or mortgage, council tax and any credit/loan repayments you have a minimum of £105.75 remaining as a couple and £65 for the child. The need to include council tax now may also be in doubt. You don't have to include other bills, food or personal spending etc.
This is nowhere near the sum of £350 you've suggested.
I'm aware that every member is entitled to give an opinion, but please don't continue to advise incorrectly...you're just adding the Ayesha's concern.
Hi casa, we are here to help each others right the thing which I have told in that case you already admitted at the end.''This is nowhere near the sum of £350 you've suggested.''
so what else left for discussion i think nothing nothing at all.but you didn't mention this before I have told with explanation that how it works in simple and understandable manners.If you are renting a property you need to pay your bills plus council tax as well if you rent through an agent if you kindly calculate all the figures it would not be more than £350 which you have already admitted in your post.
thanks
thanks

ayesha alim
Newly Registered

expenses

Post by ayesha alim » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:10 am

hi thanks casa i showed them a 3 bedroom flat where my husband is living with his mother i explained 660 pounds of expenditure including him sending money to india for me and my baby he sends 100 pounds i subbmitted my western union money transfers were it shows he been sending money and i submitted my tenancy aggrement and the inspection report aswel and stated in the application that his expenses are around 680 pounds a month and he has remanings of 650 pounds nearly hope it works inshallah jus praying

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:21 am

Then it appears that you have more than enough to cover finance Ayesha and the accommodation is fine.
Ignore where Khan has posted "after paying the rent/mortgage he has £350/week savings". He certainly doesn't need to have this amount.
You'll need a letter from his mother stating that you can live there. If she owns the property, submit a copy of her mortgage agreement, or a copy of the deeds if she has no mortgage. If she rents the flat she will also need a letter from the landlord agreeing to you and your baby living there. She should state how many rooms the property has and how many people are currently living there.
Last edited by Casa on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:29 am

Khan2015 The following from your post is incorrect:
Quote "after paying the rent/mortgage he has £350/week savings"

Also please don't advise members to include bills in the calculation. The UKBA Regulations are based on the level for Income Support, currently calculated at £105.75 for a couple. Only rent or mortgage and any loan repayments need to be counted. Most ECO's now also accept that Council Tax doesn't have to be included, but to avoid delay or confusion it would be advisable to include this.
Utility bills, Sky TV etc, personal spending, food bills do not have to be deducted from the weekly income.

ayesha alim
Newly Registered

re:

Post by ayesha alim » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:00 am

hi there yeah i did submit the tenancy wif the inspection report statying how many people living in there and how many rooms . and can you please tell me i also submitted my scanin reports delivery certificate and my babies british passportphotocopy applied in india and about my ni number i did have but i lost it i couldnt produce the number details i totaly forgot the number but i gave the explination saying i had it in london but i misplaced it when i was coming bac to india do you fink its better i made it clear to them that i had it before but couldnt give it any how they can find out did write that i applied for my ni number to work part time i mentioned it in the covering letter

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:43 am

Don't worry about not remembering the NI number. The important thing is you've told the truth about working.
Keep us updated with the application. The forum is here to help if you need anything in the meantime.

ayesha alim
Newly Registered

all praise to be allah visa granted

Post by ayesha alim » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:02 am

ALLAH HU AKBAR
ALLAH GRANTED MY VISA I WAS AOVERSTAYER ALLAH IS GREAT GRANTED ME VISA
I AM REALLY THANK FUL TO CASA BATLEY KHAN THANK U SOOOOOOO MUCH JAZAKALLAH

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:44 am

Both myself and Casa are pleased to have helped you in getting your spouse his visa. Congratulations to you both :D

ayesha alim
Newly Registered

thanku

Post by ayesha alim » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:50 am

thanku so much i cant express it sir u know overstayer getting visa thats only because of allah
thanku so much may allah grant you wif more good deeds ameen

ayesha alim
Newly Registered

medical report

Post by ayesha alim » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:08 pm

salam all when ma passport arrived wif ma documents i have seen an empty envelop wif ma name on the top it says medical form i am confused what test do i have to take i am from india
i would appreciate if batley khan or casa or any moderator would help me thanks
wasalam

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:31 pm

You should have got your medical back as you will need it on arrival in UK. If its lost its best to get another one done before you come into UK if you can. If not you may be delayed on arrival and will have to undergo one here at airport before they allow you through. If you can get copy of report from the pace that you had it, that should be OK