ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not sure what to do...should I still apply?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

giblet
United States of America

Not sure what to do...should I still apply?

Post by giblet » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:23 pm

Hello fellow HSMPers,

I've been gathering my evidence for months, and was going to be ready to submit my application by the end of next week. I've now been presented with a kink in my plans, and I'm not sure what to do.

I'm currently based in the US, and my company has just told me they are sending me to our Dublin office from Oct 1-Jan 1. There's the possibility I can stay until April, and possibly longer depending on the visa situation.

This is great news, and a great opportunity for me, as it's all expenses paid, etc. Also, getting a visa in Ireland is near-impossible, so it's a great chance to get to live there for a little while.

However, I'm not sure if I should still apply for the HSMP now. I'm worried if I do, and get it, I will have to move within 6 months. I won't be able to do this, I think, because I may still be in Dublin. However, if I wait to apply near the end of my stay, I need to go back to the US to apply, right? I don't think I can apply from a country that I'm not a citizen of. Any confirmation of this would be appreciated.

The other issue is that I turn 28 in late Feb, and I'm not sure if I will still qualify. I'm very confused, and no longer know what I want to do!

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. I feel very torn.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:50 am

Hi giblet,

You can apply now and receive your HSMP approval letter :) in 2 - 3 weeks. After it apply for EC and take you EC. You sould have a time if your are in a rush.
After getting EC go to Dublin and live there till Jun 1 or till April if you want. After it if you dont want to stay in Dublin go to UK.

Thats all very easy :)
Good Luck.

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:23 pm

I thought you only had 6 months to move once you get your EC?

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:51 am

No after EC you can enter when want during 24 month.

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:55 am

So I can enter when I want for 24 months, but the HSMP visa is only good for 1 year. So if I wait 10 months to enter, does that mean I can only work for 2 months?

Where on the immigration site can I find out more about the timing stuff?

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:25 am

No. HSMP visa now is valid for 2 year. So if you enter in 10 month after EC you will have onlyb 14 month to find a job.