ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ECM review timeframe

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

starky
Newly Registered

ECM review timeframe

Post by starky » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:20 am

Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum. My spouse's settlement visa was recently refused from Delhi. We lodged an appeal 4 weeks ago and are still waiting. We believe the ECM will overturn the descision and are waiting for this to happen.

Does anybody know how and when we know that the ECM has actually reviewed an appeal and made the descision ?

We don't want to wait for months to find out that our case is forwarded to AIT.

Many Thanks.

starky
Newly Registered

Post by starky » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:38 am

Any help there ?

nasirbaig007
Newly Registered

Same case

Post by nasirbaig007 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:51 am

Hi Starky,

I had exacly the same case as yours. my dependants visa got refused from Delhi. We applied for appeal on 6th june. Got an acknowledgement letter on 8th june. Now just waiting for any new update.

can you tell me what happened in your case. Did they inform you of anything yet. Did you re-applied etc.

Thanks,
Nas

batleykhan

Re: ECM review timeframe

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:07 pm

starky wrote:Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum. My spouse's settlement visa was recently refused from Delhi. We lodged an appeal 4 weeks ago and are still waiting. We believe the ECM will overturn the descision and are waiting for this to happen.

Does anybody know how and when we know that the ECM has actually reviewed an appeal and made the descision ?

We don't want to wait for months to find out that our case is forwarded to AIT.

Many Thanks.
What makes you think he will overturn the decison.Its very rare for such things to happen unless the ECO cocked up big time.

Normally they dont inform you if they have not overturned the decision. All the ECM will do is to ask AIT in UK to set a date for a hearing. AIT will then write to you giving you a rough idea of when the expected hearing will take place( normally 6 months down teh line).

How quickly the ECM might be able tp review your case will depend on how busy he is . This can on average take 6- 10 weeks after lodging of appeal.

nasirbaig007
Newly Registered

Re: Same case

Post by nasirbaig007 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:49 pm

nasirbaig007 wrote:Hi Starky,

I had exacly the same case as yours. my dependants visa got refused from Delhi. We applied for appeal on 6th june. Got an acknowledgement letter on 8th june. Now just waiting for any new update.

can you tell me what happened in your case. Did they inform you of anything yet. Did you re-applied etc.

Thanks,
Nas
Sorry the dates I mentioned are actaully 6th July & 8th July.

kalpitgopi
Newly Registered

Post by kalpitgopi » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Hi starky i know i m writing here too late.
I have same case as urs. Can u tell me wht happened with ur wife visa. How long ecm takes to review an appeal??

Its been 4 weeks after i lodged my appeal.
thnks

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:46 am

I lodged my appeal on 21st July in Mumbai and today on 10th August i got acknowledgement latter. now it depends how much time ECM will take to review my case..

kalpitgopi
Newly Registered

Post by kalpitgopi » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi ejaz

Do u know if they inform us if the ECM review is unsuccessful and they have forwarded it to AIT.

Let me know if u get any information.

Thnks

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:26 pm

When and where did u lodged ur appeal? did u get ack. latter?

kalpitgopi
Newly Registered

Post by kalpitgopi » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:33 pm

I lodged appeal at mumbai on 11th July and got acknowledge letter on 26th july...do u know whome to contact at this stage for status?

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:36 pm

One of our friend in this forum who lodged appeal at mumbai on 5th july and he got call latter to submit passport on 8th August so we can assume our timeline from it....

adam_4_uk
Newly Registered

Post by adam_4_uk » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:29 pm

All, I have applied for TIER4 visa,

My application was refused. I have appeal for admin review.

I will let other people know about my status and time frame. I search lot of for Admin review time frame but only this site was help full.

I have one strong recommendation for people who have urgency and have solid chance of Success Admin review.

I recommend to file new application in-stand of waiting. New application reply time is faster normally 15 to 20 days. But review takes time 25 to 28 days to know the decision of ECM and another 30 days to get STAMP on passport.

I will keep posted about my Admin Review updates.

Thanks

Docnav
Newly Registered

Spousal settlement visa

Post by Docnav » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Just wondering what happened with the guys who have submitted application forms on behalf of their wife.

Unfortunately, my wife's is refused and am planning to appeal it. I am on ILR status and she applied as my dependent from India.

I appreciate any advice from the experienced ones about the appeal process and time lines.

Thank you