ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent advise needed pls refus EE2 extended family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 am

I agree with toni, that you are highly unlikely to be arrested and detained at the court, especially when you are appealing a decision. Under the EEA regulations, an appeal has a suspensory effect on any removal, or possible detention. As you can only be detained of you are facing an imminent removal, or you pose a serious treat to the public, i believe you will be fine.

Keep a stead mind and focus on your case. If you meet the criteria or convince the judge you do, your appeal will be allowed.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

tracy56

Post by tracy56 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:52 pm

thank u so much the good people in this forum , i have just recieved my date of hearing for my appeal case . i hope i win it ,

tracy56

Post by tracy56 » Sat May 28, 2011 5:49 pm

hello all
please i need some advise . i went to my solicitor recently , he told me we have to pay the full payment of 1000 pounds before he can follow us to court , we ve been pleading with him for half payment , he simply refused , now am so confused , i dont know if we can still go to court with out our lawyer , and the court date ia almost due and the lawyer has send in my bundle to court just cos we dont ve cash to pay him full payment , i never knew he can be this wicked , am getting fed up with the whole issue of EE2 , and my brother recently send another application EE2 , COA recieved again third time but this time no right to work , am confused now , help , please advise needed.

tracy56

Post by tracy56 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:09 pm

hello i need help , i ve appeal , it was dismissed , quoting that i did meet all the regulation 8 reqiurement. i appeal aganist it , i was given permission to appeal to upper , wat shuold i do now

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Is your evidence credible?

Post by nonspecifics » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Sorry if this sounds very negative, but if you have lots of evidence and it keeps being rejected then, Looking at it from the HO's point of view, they must be thinking:

If you were genuinely a dependant why didn't you apply for an EEA Family Permit as a dependant with your brother sponsoring you? Were you able to give a believable explanation to them?

If you were an illegal immigrant or breached visa conditions and have been unreliable in attending Tribunals, then of course your evidence will be treated as less credible if it relies on your personal integrity as a witness or if documents can be interpreted in various ways and it is only your word that certifies them as genuine evidence.

If you have no right to work now, then keep evidence your brother is supporting you financially now. You will need proof of bank transfers from his account to yours or bills paid by him.

I think if they were desperate to throw you out of the UK that quickly, they would have done it already. You seem to be getting lots of chances to prove your case.

You can only try your best and see how it goes.

Try to emphasis the physical documentary proof like birth certificates, receipts of financial support. I don't see how photos prove that you are brother and sister as you saying this is our family picture as brother and sister again comes down to your interpretation of what the picture shows.

Try to make positive statements explaining the evidence to prove your case rather than criticising and blaming anyone.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:55 am

It is a great news that you were granted permission. It would be nice to know on what basis you were rejected again and on what basis the permission was granted to appeal.

Remember you may need to attend an err of law hearing and a full hearing if the Secretary don't agree with the ground.

This is a good development. It is time now to get your hand dirty, and start the hard work and preparation, and no blaming this time, stay focused.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

tracy56

Post by tracy56 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:19 pm

hi all , thanks for the response . the judge said i did not meet all the requirement of the regulation 8. but agreeded that i was sister to my brother . and said there is not sufficient documents that prove that i depend on my sponsor in uk. and my sponsor dont ve enough money in the bank. i appeal aganist it , the upper tribunal agreeded that there is not sufficent evidence of dependence in uk, but allow my appeal because my human rights was not consider by the first tier tribunal

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:05 pm

tracy56 wrote:hi all , thanks for the response . the judge said i did not meet all the requirement of the regulation 8. but agreeded that i was sister to my brother . and said there is not sufficient documents that prove that i depend on my sponsor in uk. and my sponsor dont ve enough money in the bank. i appeal aganist it , the upper tribunal agreeded that there is not sufficent evidence of dependence in uk, but allow my appeal because my human rights was not consider by the first tier tribunal

so finally did u win the appeal

DFDS.

Re: Is your evidence credible?

Post by DFDS. » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:10 pm

nonspecifics wrote:Sorry if this sounds very negative, but if you have lots of evidence and it keeps being rejected then, Looking at it from the HO's point of view, they must be thinking:

If you were genuinely a dependant why didn't you apply for an EEA Family Permit as a dependant with your brother sponsoring you? Were you able to give a believable explanation to them?

If you were an illegal immigrant or breached visa conditions and have been unreliable in attending Tribunals, then of course your evidence will be treated as less credible if it relies on your personal integrity as a witness or if documents can be interpreted in various ways and it is only your word that certifies them as genuine evidence.

If you have no right to work now, then keep evidence your brother is supporting you financially now. You will need proof of bank transfers from his account to yours or bills paid by him.

I think if they were desperate to throw you out of the UK that quickly, they would have done it already. You seem to be getting lots of chances to prove your case.

You can only try your best and see how it goes.

Try to emphasis the physical documentary proof like birth certificates, receipts of financial support. I don't see how photos prove that you are brother and sister as you saying this is our family picture as brother and sister again comes down to your interpretation of what the picture shows.

Try to make positive statements explaining the evidence to prove your case rather than criticising and blaming anyone.
I think if you have nothing to offer, stay away from the thread instead of Judging board members. The OP falls under OFMs, & most of them are having there applications severy scrutinized for your information. I can understand your knowledge about visa conditions, but i do not think it should be of any major concern for a stranger.
Thanks.
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Judging others?

Post by nonspecifics » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:35 pm

@DFDS

You have probably made lots of posts to try and help people and you seem to think you are protecting the OP from criticism in this one, so it seems you mean well with your motives, but maybe you should follow your own sensible comment too:

"I think if you have nothing to offer, stay away from the thread instead of Judging board members."

Unless, you are a Moderator, you should not be trying to give anyone orders about what they can and can't say on this forum.

I suggest if you have problems with anyone's posts, report it to a moderator instead of hijacking someone's thread to criticise others. Otherwise, threads can turn into slanging matches between posters instead of discussing the problem in the thread.

You should re-read my post more carefully and you will see I tried to offer helpful suggestions and possible explanations of the situation the original poster faced.

The UKBA and Home Office judge people. They will use any negative aspects of a person's immigration history against them, even when it is not relevant to their current application. They don't just take people's word as evidence either.

I said: "Looking at it from the HO's point of view"

The OP said their applications were rejected again and again, so I was trying to encourage the OP to look at it from UKBA's point of view and then supply the evidence required to satisfy the UKBA.

I also tried to reassure the OP that she is being given every chance to prove her case, so it is very unlikely she would be arrested if she attended any tribunals.

Maybe once you read my post again you will see that.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Judging others?

Post by rachellynn1972 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:22 pm

nonspecifics wrote:@DFDS

You have probably made lots of posts to try and help people and you seem to think you are protecting the OP from criticism in this one, so it seems you mean well with your motives, but maybe you should follow your own sensible comment too:

"I think if you have nothing to offer, stay away from the thread instead of Judging board members."

Unless, you are a Moderator, you should not be trying to give anyone orders about what they can and can't say on this forum.

I suggest if you have problems with anyone's posts, report it to a moderator instead of hijacking someone's thread to criticise others. Otherwise, threads can turn into slanging matches between posters instead of discussing the problem in the thread.

You should re-read my post more carefully and you will see I tried to offer helpful suggestions and possible explanations of the situation the original poster faced.

The UKBA and Home Office judge people. They will use any negative aspects of a person's immigration history against them, even when it is not relevant to their current application. They don't just take people's word as evidence either.

I said: "Looking at it from the HO's point of view"

The OP said their applications were rejected again and again, so I was trying to encourage the OP to look at it from UKBA's point of view and then supply the evidence required to satisfy the UKBA.

I also tried to reassure the OP that she is being given every chance to prove her case, so it is very unlikely she would be arrested if she attended any tribunals.

Maybe once you read my post again you will see that.
I have said this before, we do not need to be a Judge here, people come here for help not to be Judged, Actually what you said was right but of no help to the OP, you reassure him to get more evidence but you did not say what and what kind of likeable evidence she can use. No one is perfect and even the person with a genuine case are turned down, all are luck and done by the grace of God.
Immigrant with a British Passport is stripped off the citizenship in some case when caught in the moment of bad luck.
This forum is for help and support, please let no one be the Judge here.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

What is the situation now? Did you get a residence card?

Post by nonspecifics » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:24 am

Any updates to this case?

The OP's last message said the appeal was allowed because the first appeal did not consider her human rights. Does this mean it is going to go to a second tier tribunal and is to be judged again?

Or does it mean that the OP has won the appeal and has now been given permission to stay as the Other family member of her brother?

-----------------------------------

@rachellynn1972. I agree that it is best not to judge anyone on here. This is a discussion forum, so we should feel free to discuss immigration issues here without coming under personal attack from other members.

So, thank you for your positive statements to encourage harmony and goodwill in this forum.

I also respect your opinion, that you think I did not make any helpful suggestions. I fully support your right to criticise what is said in a post. That's not a personal attack, judging or ordering anyone to stay out of a discussion, so it is fine.

Personally, I feel I did make suggestions of practical use:

"If you have no right to work now, then keep evidence your brother is supporting you financially now. You will need proof of bank transfers from his account to yours or bills paid by him."

"Try to emphasise the physical documentary proof like birth certificates, receipts of financial support."

"Try to make positive statements explaining the evidence to prove your case rather than criticising and blaming anyone."

-----------------------
I also discussed how UKBA and the Home Office DO judge cases, they DO cast aspersions about a person's honesty and lack of reliability to undermine their evidence at tribunals too.

This is not because they are attacking an individual person, as such. It is normal legal practice ( of course, it can be upsetting if you are the person whose character is being attacked - for you it is personal) but that's how it is. That's just how the legal system works in any criminal or civil law cases in the UK.

Immigration Tribunals are part of civil law. UK law is adverserial in nature. In other words lawyers do attack evidence and attack the credibility of witnesses to undermine the evidence given by them. If you go to a Tribunal, to some extent you are "On Trial".

I think it is only being realistic to make applicants aware of this, so they can understand that and build a case on physical evidence - not just on personal assertions - especially if the person's reliablility as a witness can be undermined.

It is also the applicant's or appellant's responsibility to prove their case first and that requires evidence that supports what the person says.

For example, if you say you are brother and sister, UKBA want birth certificates as evidence. If you say you financially support someone, UKBA want proof you have the money to support someone and proof you are giving or spending some of that money on the other person.

For the OP I suggested supply physical evidence, for example, receipts of financial support and birth certificates.

We cannot tell what other specific evidence to present, as we do not know what other evidence she has to offer.

Someone obviously had a problem with me mentioning possibly negative aspects of her case; but I was not judging her; I was not attacking her. If her case was so straightforward and clear, with no negative aspects, then why did she not win it before?

I was trying to help her by telling her how, in the real world, the Home Office and UKBA could be looking at her application, so she can then understand how to present as strong a case as possible that is hard for them to undermine.

koagiri02
United Kingdom

Post by koagiri02 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:07 pm

the OP won the appeal

pageup
Member of Standing

same siruation.

Post by pageup » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:08 pm

My case

pageup
Member of Standing

same situation.

Post by pageup » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:12 pm

But with my case my wife and my question did not match. First tied judge refused my application becz she thought it is marrge of convinence, appeal refused uper tribunal, no oral hearing.
my marrge genuine, every thing else up to criteria....

Now, I made the nee application to ukba,,, home office, giving petion of 40 relatives my marrge is not fake..

What is likely to hapoen

gsmagnel
Newly Registered

Re: urgent advise needed pls refus EE2 extended family mem

Post by gsmagnel » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:26 am

URGENT PLEASE HELP ME!
hello everyone
I am Agnel
I have made an EEA2 application through extended relationship that's my uncle (my dad's brother)
He is French by birth

Application timeline

Application sent : 23rd December 2013
Payment Detected : 3rd January 2014
COA processed : 16th January 2014 (with unable to confirm the right to work)
RC refused : 6th March 2014

Reason for refusal : Based on the evidence submitted you have not demonstrated any current evidence of financial dependency upon your EEA sponsor in UK or that you are residing in the same household as your EEA family member.

Documents which I have submitted to HO
1. Birth certificates of me and my uncle
2. French family book (to prove the relationship)
3. My passport and my uncle's ID card
4. Photography proofs - 10 (from the age of 5 to till date)
5. Financial Dependency proofs bills and bank statement - 27 (before coming to UK)
6. Financial Dependency regular bank transfers in the form of bank statements (after coming to UK) - for past 4 months
7. Financially Dependency - Letter of Declaration from my school's & college's and also includes higher authorities
8. Self Declaration letter from my uncle and my parents
9. My uncle's payslip - 3 (last three months)
10. My uncle's Employer Letter
11. My university letter
12. Address Proof Documents of my uncle
* Joint Tenancy Agreement (my name and his name) - All bills included (Gas/ Water/ Electricity/ Wifi)
* Bank Letters & Statements
* EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) letter
* NI number letter
* BT Landline bills (3 months)
* 3 mobile bills
* Tesco Club membership letter
* Boots membership letter
* Nectar membership letter
* British Red Cross Letter
* Lyca mobile letter
* NHS letter
* Voter letter
* Driving license
13. Address proof Documents for me
* Joint Tenancy Agreement (my name and his name) - All bills included (Gas/ Water/ Electricity/ Wifi)
* Bank Letters & Statements
* Vodafone bills
* University Letter
* Voter Letter

Can anyone please suggest me whether I can go appeal since I have submitted all the required documents to HO and yet they have mentioned that I haven't provided financial dependency in UK or I must be living with my uncle in same household. And I qualify in both the circumstances.

thank you
Looking forward for your response!
God bless