ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

planning Visit UK under General Vist Visa, I hav 2 Questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rob7dan
Newly Registered

planning Visit UK under General Vist Visa, I hav 2 Questions

Post by rob7dan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:42 pm

i am planning to visit UK in September . i was reading the guidance note in UK boder agancy website.

can you please explain these statemenets.

the applicant must be able to meet the cost of the return or onward journey.
Dose this mean that I have to buy air tickets for both ways before i apply for visa?
without knowing if ur visa will get approved or rejected ?
do the visa officer expect me to have tickets?

The applicant must not be in transit to a country outside the common travel area ?????
What dose this mean ?

thx all !

Kitty

Re: planning Visit UK under General Vist Visa, I hav 2 Quest

Post by Kitty » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:52 pm

rob7dan wrote:the applicant must be able to meet the cost of the return or onward journey.
Dose this mean that I have to buy air tickets for both ways before i apply for visa?
without knowing if ur visa will get approved or rejected ?
do the visa officer expect me to have tickets?
You need to show that you have enough money to cover your trip. For example, if the standard return air fare is £300, and you only have £100 equivalent in your bank account, you will be refused.

You need to submit evidence of your finances (usually in the form of recent bank statements) to show that you will be able to afford the return fare, and the cost of your stay in the UK.

You do not have to buy a return ticket in advance.
The applicant must not be in transit to a country outside the common travel area ?????
What dose this mean ?
"In transit" means passing through the UK/Ireland/Channel Islands (the Common Travel Area) for 24 hours or less on your way somewhere else. If you are intending to visit the UK, you are unlikely to be in transit.

rob7dan
Newly Registered

Re: planning Visit UK under General Vist Visa, I hav 2 Quest

Post by rob7dan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi Kitty,

thank you so much for helping me, ur answers are helpful. thank again