ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens after biometrics are given?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mccrimmonmv
Newly Registered

What happens after biometrics are given?

Post by mccrimmonmv » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi everyone,
Just out of curiosity, about how long after you give your biometrics does it take to get your passport and documents back? Has anyone ever been rejected, even after giving the biometrics? I'm just wondering, really. I gave my biometrics at the Birmingham Passport and Identity Services building on the 3rd of August 2011. My current Tier 4 visa is due to expire on the 1st of September and I'm starting a job the same day. Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: What happens after biometrics are given?

Post by Greenie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:16 pm

mccrimmonmv wrote:Hi everyone,
Just out of curiosity, about how long after you give your biometrics does it take to get your passport and documents back? Has anyone ever been rejected, even after giving the biometrics? I'm just wondering, really. I gave my biometrics at the Birmingham Passport and Identity Services building on the 3rd of August 2011. My current Tier 4 visa is due to expire on the 1st of September and I'm starting a job the same day. Any advice?
Thanks in advance.
they do not substantively consider applications until after biometrics have been given, so, yes, there are plenty of people who will have been refused after giving biometrics. There is a sticky thread on the top of this page regarding timelines, take a look there.