ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3rd Party Accommodation Support Letter question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

muse54
Newly Registered

3rd Party Accommodation Support Letter question

Post by muse54 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi there

I am new to the forum and in the process of putting together documents for my wife's visa application (she is in Pakistan).

I live with my cousin and his wife in their 3 bedroom property as a non-rent paying occupier. My cousin is happy for my wife to live with me once she arrives in the UK, and he is willing to sign a letter to that effect.

Would someone please answer the following questions for me?

1. Is it necessary for this supporting letter to be witnessed by a solicitor? Or is it sufficient that a 3rd party e.g. neighbour witnesses it?

2. Is it necessary for me to get an estate agent to verify it is a 3 bedroom property? Or is it sufficient that the support letter states it is a 3 bed? (I don't want to be denied under the overcrowding rule)

3. Is it necessary for the 6 months bank statements to be 'official' copies obtained from a branch of my bank? Or is it sufficient that I print these statements myself from my online account?

If someone could help me with these I would be very grateful to you.

Thank you.

Muzzy

batleykhan

Re: 3rd Party Accommodation Support Letter question

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:32 pm

muse54 wrote:Hi there

I am new to the forum and in the process of putting together documents for my wife's visa application (she is in Pakistan).

I live with my cousin and his wife in their 3 bedroom property as a non-rent paying occupier. My cousin is happy for my wife to live with me once she arrives in the UK, and he is willing to sign a letter to that effect.

Would someone please answer the following questions for me?

1. Is it necessary for this supporting letter to be witnessed by a solicitor?

No

Or is it sufficient that a 3rd party e.g. neighbour witnesses it?

No

2. Is it necessary for me to get an estate agent to verify it is a 3 bedroom property? Or is it sufficient that the support letter states it is a 3 bed? (I don't want to be denied under the overcrowding rule)

Yes

3. Is it necessary for the 6 months bank statements to be 'official' copies obtained from a branch of my bank?

Yes

Or is it sufficient that I print these statements myself from my online account?

No

If someone could help me with these I would be very grateful to you.

Done

Thank you.

Muzzy

muse54
Newly Registered

Post by muse54 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:40 pm

Thanks for that batleykhan, much appreciated.

1. In that case who is an acceptable witness for the support letter?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:43 pm

The person who own the house where you are going to stay. You don't need to have it signed or witnessed by anyone as long as the owner of the house allows you to live there.

KPK
Newly Registered

Post by KPK » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:40 pm

With regards official statements the best are those that you receive in the post. Even the ones you can get in branch look like those you can print off from online banking, but you could always get the branch to stamp them as certified copies to be on the safe side.

NaniHari
Newly Registered

Post by NaniHari » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:17 am

batleykhan wrote:The person who own the house where you are going to stay. You don't need to have it signed or witnessed by anyone as long as the owner of the house allows you to live there.
Hi , regarding this witness requirement, there is no need of witnessing but you can get a Tenancy Agreement form - Furnished/Unfunished from WHSmith ( http://www.lawpack.co.uk/landlord-and-t ... uct697.asp) . Your Cousin has to fill and sign it. Ut is kind of sponsor letter offering accommodation to ur wife.

I did the same when I have applied ofr my's dependent Visa by submitting the above said form from one of my friend who owned a 3 bed house.

Hope this helps.

All the best..

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi , regarding this witness requirement, there is no need of witnessing but you can get a Tenancy Agreement form - Furnished/Unfunished from WHSmith ( http://www.lawpack.co.uk/landlord-and-t ... uct697.asp) . Your Cousin has to fill and sign it. Ut is kind of sponsor letter offering accommodation to ur wife.
The OP is not renting the property from his cousin he is going to live their with his cousin

A tenancy agreement is only valid and legal if you are renting aproperty and paying rent. The TA gives you protection from being evicted etc.

It is not like a sponsor letter at all.That is a completely different form altogether. :wink:

anas007
Newly Registered

Post by anas007 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:23 pm

so is it ok that my cousin can be my 3rd Party Accommodation Support not only my parents (mother,father,brother ,sister)
sorry to ask but did anyone do the same thing before I mean live with his cousin and got the settlement visa ,because my cousin offered me to live with him for two years but I thought only parents can do that

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:49 am

Even friends can provide accommodation...not only parents or other family.