ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport expiring before the 5 yrs of the Residence Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

epoh
Newly Registered

Passport expiring before the 5 yrs of the Residence Card

Post by epoh » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:30 am

Dear All,

I hope you all are doing well. I received the Residence Card as a family member of a EU national. The card will last till 2016, but my passport is going to expire two years before.

I am thus wondering whether I need to apply for the sticker to be transferred to the new passport, which would mean I should submit a new application with all the required Docs, or if I could use (for travel, work etc.) the new passport together with the old one which contains the residence card.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance and best regards!

dasjoker

Re: Passport expiring before the 5 yrs of the Residence Card

Post by dasjoker » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:40 am

epoh wrote:Dear All,

I hope you all are doing well. I received the Residence Card as a family member of a EU national. The card will last till 2016, but my passport is going to expire two years before.

I am thus wondering whether I need to apply for the sticker to be transferred to the new passport, which would mean I should submit a new application with all the required Docs, or if I could use (for travel, work etc.) the new passport together with the old one which contains the residence card.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance and best regards!
You could use your old passport with your new one together :wink:

epoh
Newly Registered

Post by epoh » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:07 am

That`s great!
Many thanks Dasjoker!

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

I agree

Post by nonspecifics » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Just take both passports with you, the old one with the Residence Card and the new one.

Do not stick them together or tamper with either of them in any way as that can cause problems.

epoh
Newly Registered

Post by epoh » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:42 pm

Thanks Nonspecifics!

That helps!