ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC 2000 Code and Code of Practice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hiren123
Newly Registered

SOC 2000 Code and Code of Practice

Post by hiren123 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:12 pm

Hello members,

I am applying for ILR in few months and want to clarify below query;

I am working as a Reception Supervisor for a 4 star hotel and my job tile in WP letter is Reception supervisor with £16k salary.

Am i eligible to use code 1221 Hotel reception manager which is the closest match on the UKBA Tier 2 codes of practice for jobs at or above NVQ level 3?

Here is the link to the document which is on UKBA website;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Minimum salary required for Hotel reception manager is 17k and I am currently on £20k. Will it be ok?

Appreciate you comments on this.

[/url]

polar

Post by polar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:31 pm

To my understanding, it should be ok.

You have to fund the closest match from the Code of Practice. It looks like it is your job.

You will need a letter from your company to confirm that you earn over the appropriate rate, which you already did. So, it will be alright.

If I intrepret it incorrect, please correct me.

Thanks