ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seeking peace of mind

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mccrimmonmv
Newly Registered

Seeking peace of mind

Post by mccrimmonmv » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi all -
I realize I'm being just a bit paranoid, but as you've all been there you can probably understand the need for some peace of mind while waiting for the decision on a visa application.
Assuming I've filled out the application correctly and completely as possible (never had any criminal convictions/traffic offenses or the like, I am single, never changed my name, and don't have any dependents), what follows are the copies of the documents I included with my application and passport. Could you read these and tell me if I need to worry about anything?

Bank letter: Printed on official Lloyds TSB letterhead stationary including the branch address and dept number, contact phone/fax number and a reference number for the letter.

UK Border Agency
Tier 1
PO Box 496
Durham DH99 1WQ

Letter Date: 12 July 2011

Dear Sir/Madam
Re: (My first and last name and address)

Please accept this as confirmation that our above customer has held a minimum credit balance of £800 since the 10th April 2011. The minimum balance of £800 has been held in her bank account for the last 90 consecutive days. The balance has been held in her bank account number XXXXXXXX sort code XX-XX-XX. The balance as at today stands at £1956.05

I trust this information meets your requirements.

Yours sincerely,

(Signed by the bank manager)

PSW Letter: Printed on official Birmingham City University/Birmingham Conservatoire stationary, including the institution's address, telephone and fax numbers.

The UK Border Agency

13 July 2011

(My name)--University Student Admissions Number (xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Date of birth DD-MM-YYYY

I write to confirm that the above student has successfully completed the following course at Birmingham Conservatoire, part of Birmingham City University:

Name of Course: Master of Music [MMus]
Start Date: 21 Sept 2010
Finish Date: 1 July 2011

(My Name) was awarded a Master of Music on 27 June 2011. The certificate will be issued at the awards ceremony due to take place in February 2012 (edited- thanks for the typo spot!). Birmingham City University is the awarding body for this qualification.

Birmingham City University is a United Kingdom recognised body as listed on the Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (DIUS) website. Birmingham City University was formerly the University of Central England (UCE).

If you have any queries relating to the above, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully,

(Signed by the official of the University).

Am I going to be alright?
Last edited by mccrimmonmv on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

mccrimmonmv
Newly Registered

Post by mccrimmonmv » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:06 am

anybody?

ddb
United Kingdom

Re: Seeking peace of mind

Post by ddb » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:28 am

mccrimmonmv wrote: PSW Letter: Printed on official Birmingham City University/Birmingham Conservatoire stationary, including the institution's address, telephone and fax numbers.

The UK Border Agency

13 July 2011

(My name)--University Student Admissions Number (xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Date of birth DD-MM-YYYY

I write to confirm that the above student has successfully completed the following course at Birmingham Conservatoire, part of Birmingham City University:

Name of Course: Master of Music [MMus]
Start Date: 21 Sept 2010
Finish Date: 1 July 2011

(My Name) was awarded a Master of Music on 27 June 2011. The certificate will be issued at the awards ceremony due to take place in February 2010. Birmingham City University is the awarding body for this qualification.
Everything looks all right, however I would be worried about your Uni stating that the awards ceremony is due to take place in February 2010 instead of maybe 2012 unless that was a typo on your part.

mccrimmonmv
Newly Registered

Post by mccrimmonmv » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:41 am

Yes, that was a typo on my part - Feb 2012 not 2010 :-) So I shouldn't worry?

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:48 pm

Documentation provided looks up to spec (obviously you'd be providing your bank statements too - in line with the specs outlined by UKBA). In my opinion, you're good to go - so nothing to worry about.

All the best.

---

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:04 pm

ddb wrote:Documentation provided looks up to spec (obviously you'd be providing your bank statements too - in line with the specs outlined by UKBA). In my opinion, you're good to go - so nothing to worry about.

All the best.

---
There is no need to provide bank statements if the bank letter has the required information-which it does.

mccrimmonmv
Newly Registered

Post by mccrimmonmv » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:11 pm

Yes, the letter on its own is supposed to suffice. No where in the guidance does it say to additionally provide bank statements along with the letter. Had me worried for a minute!
If for some reason they need the statements I can send them along. Worst case scenario - I'll appeal using the original bank statements.

I can't wait for this all to be over.