ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Net profit/ net profit after tax for self employed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DARAY
Newly Registered

Net profit/ net profit after tax for self employed

Post by DARAY » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:32 am

Hello all, I submitted my tier 1 renewal. I am self employed. I claimed points on my profit after tax ( after outgoings and tax)and not profit before tax(after outgoings) Is this correct? If no what are the likely implications.

DARAY
Newly Registered

Post by DARAY » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Can someone please shed more light to this grey area. In the section 93 of the policy guidance it says net profit after tax and outgoings and I have seen several poeple in the forum using net profit before tax. Which one is correct

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:26 am

Re: question, Appendix A states this:
25. Where the earnings are the profits of a business derived through self-employment or other business activities:

(a) the earnings that will be assessed are the profits of the business before tax......
With self employed businesses, when doing accounts, the profit & loss account only goes as far as net profit before tax.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

DARAY
Newly Registered

Post by DARAY » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:37 am

I made my account up to profit after tax. And claim earnings on profit after tax. Will this be a problem? What are the likely implication at HO