ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - photcopying documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crewmeal
Newly Registered

ILR - photcopying documents

Post by crewmeal » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:17 pm

On page 20 of set m (manually downloaded) it asks for you to tick the list of documents that you will be submitting. The last box requires you to supply photo copies of them. I have literally loads including around 50 bank statements meticulously filed in order, along with the same with pay slips. Is it really necessary to photocopy every document?

Suggestions please

ksab

Post by ksab » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:04 pm

What application are you making? I would personally make a copy of your last 12 bank statements and payslips.

crewmeal
Newly Registered

Post by crewmeal » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:14 pm

ILR using set m - civil partner based application after 2 years on FLR

ksab

Post by ksab » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:26 pm

Copies of last 12 months should be more than enough. Submit all originals though. They can make copies of others if they want.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:51 pm

If you're submitting 50 bank statements for SET(M), you're submitting way too many! The last 3 months would be normal and 6 months of pay slips. Are you providing this number because you're lacking proof of joint address?

oye_rg

Post by oye_rg » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:00 pm

I was asked for 12 months for my ILR PEO application. I took only 6 but luckily had 6 more in the backup so i think 12.

crewmeal
Newly Registered

Post by crewmeal » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:38 pm

If you're submitting 50 bank statements for SET(M), you're submitting way too many! The last 3 months would be normal and 6 months of pay slips. Are you providing this number because you're lacking proof of joint address?
No way we've lived in my own house for the past 2 years and have evidence to support that.

The bank statements are all originals hole punched and in a bank folder, as well as being in number and date order.

All the other documents are set out in plastic sleeves also in a folder, with a contents page at the front!