ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED!! spouse visa 20.5 years old girl

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

girl20
Newly Registered

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED!! spouse visa 20.5 years old girl

Post by girl20 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:58 am

Dear all,
I am extremely stressed out and will be very grateful for your insight on my case. Details are below:

1) I am 20 years old girl from Lahore (Pakistan). Just got married to husband who works in UK and has an ILR visa
2) I really want to go to him immediately (before turning 21 which will take about 6 months) and know about the spouse visa restriction of 21 years
3) I have a brother living in Birmingham (UK) with his family (who can sponsor me for a visit visa)
4) I am considering applying for a visit visa or a student visa to visit my husband as soon as possible (before I turn 21).

Your advice or guidance will be most appreciated!!

Thanks SOOOO much!!
Nazia

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: URGENT ADVICE NEEDED!! spouse visa 20.5 years old girl

Post by ElenaW » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:26 am

Sorry but best thing to do is wait it out. I don't think you'd get the visit visa approved to be honest. You're a huge overstay risk because you're married, young, don't have many ties to your home country (most likely), you get my point.

Student visa is very expensive. Can you afford the fees+maintenance cash that you need to show in your bank account?

Maybe he can visit you and then when you turn 21 you can apply for the spousal visa?
I tell it like it is.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:47 am

You may apply up to 3 months before you travel. It's not too long to wait; maybe quicker, if UKBA lose recent case.

They may require evidence of subsisting marriage.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

girl20
Newly Registered

Post by girl20 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:50 am

Dear Vinny and ElenaW!
Thank you so much for your response. Unfortunately I really can't wait it out.
1) Does a visit visa look impossible?

2) IF I can somehow pay for a college (i-e student visa), what are the chances of it getting approved!

Many thanks for your time again!
Nazia

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:37 am

I thinks this lady's desperation to get to the UK at whatever cost and as fast as possible, may have long term implication which could result in her not getting to the UK at all if she is not careful.

The advise given by Elena and Vinny is the best solution to your current situation. Follow it and you will be fine.

girl20
Newly Registered

Post by girl20 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:46 am

Thank you for ur advice. Actually I'm married and really can not wait for about 7-8 more months. I hope you understand.

I really appreciate your time and advice and am just exploring the possibilities so any further ideas i'll be most thankful !

I did some research online about the Quila case. Has there been any progress since June hearing? What is the result? When will it become clearer what the supreme court has decided.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:57 am

girl20 wrote:Dear Vinny and ElenaW!
Thank you so much for your response. Unfortunately I really can't wait it out.
1) Does a visit visa look impossible?

2) IF I can somehow pay for a college (i-e student visa), what are the chances of it getting approved!

Many thanks for your time again!
Nazia
1) No a visit visa is not impossible, just very hard to get in your sort of situation where you want to move to the UK permanently.

2) By the time you have found a suitable course, held the funds in a bank account for 28 days (do you have a spare £10,000?) you may have left it too late for admission this year - you would have to do the course too, so if it isn't what you want you have wasted the fees. You also need to do an English test in most cases.

I suggest that you wait and apply as Vinny suggested three months before your 21st birthday.

If you want to apply for a visit visa you can go ahead. However, DO NOT LIE. If you are visiting your husband say so. You will have to say you are married and your husband is in the UK too. You would also have to leave the UK to apply for the spouse visa.

The Quilla case has no timescale that I have heard, you are more likely to be 21 than get a court case in your favour.

girl20
Newly Registered

Post by girl20 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:04 pm

Thank you so much Paperpusher!! I will not lie anything on my application of course. I am a sincere person who wishes to visit my husband in UK

1) My brother lives in a city called Birmingam (UK). Am I allowed to visit him on a visit visa? Would they reject the application on this basis? What do u think? Should I go this route?

2) I only need to go there for about 6 months on visit / student visa. after that i'll get spouse visa n then there is no problem at all

3) There are some courses which I could potentially study. One year fees is about £3000 which I'll pay if there is no other option.

Which route do u recommend?

Unfortunately I really can't wait..have waited for about 1 year already and due to family reasons really need to go.

Thank you so much!!

Nazia

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:40 pm

I'm not sure that you're reading the answers thoroughly but are waiting for someone to tell you what you want to hear.
1. You've been advised that a visitor visa application is unlikely to succeed as you will need to prove that you intend to return to your home country and have strong ties to continue to live there. Which you don't.

2. You've been advised that by the time you have applied to an approved college in the UK and have been accepted, you will be way past the age of 21.

3. Vinny has advised you to apply 3 months before your 21st birthday for entry once you reach the qualifying age.

I suggest you concentrate on ensuring you have a strong application for a spouse visa, showing that the relationship is genuine with proof of contact throughout. Also that you and your husband have sufficient funds to support yourselves and there will be adequate accommodation on your arrival.

By the way, if you were incredibly lucky and managed to get a visitor visa, you would have to return home to apply for your spouse visa...so you would be separated for probably 3 months or more while the application was being considered. You won't be able to apply from within the UK.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:53 pm

This is the problem. You say you want to visit your husband but want to make a visitor application to visit your brother. Which is it? Don't forget you will have to give your husband's details as part of the application. Not saying you are coming to the UK to visit your husband could be seen as a lie - which could result in the application being refused and it coming back to haunt you on a spouse application.

Don't forget you will need to have cash up from for maintenance and accommodation for a student visa too. You will need more than £3,000.
girl20 wrote:Thank you so much Paperpusher!! I will not lie anything on my application of course. I am a sincere person who wishes to visit my husband in UK

1) My brother lives in a city called Birmingam (UK). Am I allowed to visit him on a visit visa? Would they reject the application on this basis? What do u think? Should I go this route?

2) I only need to go there for about 6 months on visit / student visa. after that i'll get spouse visa n then there is no problem at all

3) There are some courses which I could potentially study. One year fees is about £3000 which I'll pay if there is no other option.

Which route do u recommend?

Unfortunately I really can't wait..have waited for about 1 year already and due to family reasons really need to go.

Thank you so much!!

Nazia

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:02 pm

OP, you signed up for hardship and long waiting periods when you decided to be in a long distance international relationship. We're not trying to be mean and negative. We're being honest to have you avoid any visa refusals.

I knew a couple that visited back and forth for 10 years before they applied for a spouse visa so try to look at this positively and know that you're lucky it's only a 6 month wait for you. I sympathise but nobody will be telling you that you should just go for it here because that would be the wrong thing to tell you!

Good luck. I hope you wait it out.

BTW, the brother in Birmingham thing that you keep pushing can make it worse for you. If it's found out that you're actually visiting your husband (and it's not hard to find out!) then you may be seen as deceptive in getting your visit visa. Deception is a big deal which can carry with it a 10 year ban. Don't burn your uk bridges in ignorance.
I tell it like it is.

girl20
Newly Registered

Post by girl20 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Thank you v v much everybody who replied!

You mention I can apply 3 months in advance? Is that true...from reading the UKBA website it says, u can only apply once you are already 21?

I will be grateful for your suggestions on this!

Nazia

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:30 pm

You can apply 3 months before your 21st birthday and ask for the visa to be dated for then.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:23 am

girl20 wrote:Dear all,

I am a girl (20.5 years old) married to a Pakistani national currently working in the UK. He has an UK ILR permit (Perminent Residence) and will be eligible to apply for the British passport in about 4 months.

1. After the Supreme Court overturned Quila case, can I now apply for the spouse visa? or is there a time-lag I should wait?

2. Is it possible for me to apply right-away for the ILR, instead of applying for the spouse visa?

Many thanks!

Nazia
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:27 am