ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent's Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mush
Newly Registered

Dependent's Visa

Post by mush » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Hi guys,
Im on tier1 (general) visa which is going to expire next year.
Im going to apply for a dependent visa for my son who is in pakistan.
Im self-employed in england . I have two bank accounts, one for my earnings and other business transections and the second account is just for the evidence of funds to support my dependents.
I normally use my over-draft limit for my business account every month.
My question is that when i will apply for visa should i submit the bank statements of both accounts or just for my second account(having funds).
I'm reallyy confused and worried bacause i always use overdraft limit of my business account.
thank you
Regards
Mush

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:54 pm

See second post.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:28 pm

You can use any bank account or combination of accounts that show the required sum held for the required period but it seems obvious that an account where the overdraft facility has been used will not have held the money for the required 3 month period.

Where is the other parent? If not in the UK with you, sole responsibility or compelling circumstances are a mandatory requirement in this category:

319H
(f) Both of the applicant's parents must either be lawfully present in the UK, or being granted entry clearance or leave to remain at the same time as the applicant, unless:
(i) The Relevant Points Based System Migrantis the applicant's sole surviving parent, or
(ii) The Relevant Points Based System Migrant parent has and has had sole responsibility for the applicant's upbringing, or
(iii) there are serious or compelling family or other considerations which would make it desirable not to refuse the application and suitable arrangements have been made in the UK for the applicant's care

mush
Newly Registered

Post by mush » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi,
My wife and my daughter have tier1 (general) dependent visa but my son was born in uk but they had to visit to pakistan few months ago. Now my wife is in pakistan with my 2 kids. I just need a dependent visa for my son. In my one account I have deposited £2400 for the evidence of funds to support my dependents.

if i send both accounts then what would happen ? cos in one account im using over draft limit it and in other i have just enough money . Caseworker could raise a question that total money in both accounts is less than £2400.
Im really very confused about it.
and my second question is that £2400 is right amount of money to support my family( parents and 2 kids)
Note: My stay(main applicant) is over 2 years .
Thanks
Regards

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Your other family members already have valid leave and are not applying so the maintenance requirement for a single application is 533 pounds held for 3 months. You appear to be way off course with your understanding.

falcon
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) Spouse VISA

Post by falcon » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:18 pm

How much maintenance fund I have to show for my spouse visa under Tier 1 (General)? My circumstances are

- I was in UK in 2009 for almost 2 months & went back.
- Now I am in UK from last 2 months and doing job