ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) ILR Success @ Croydon wp+Tier1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imbuser007
Newly Registered

SET(O) ILR Success @ Croydon wp+Tier1

Post by imbuser007 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:56 pm

My application for ILR successfull today.
Thanks Very much to the forum and members who helped me.

My case details:
* SET(O) single applicant
* 5 yrs on WP(3yrs)+Tier 1(2yrs)
* 4 yrs continuously worked in one 1 Indian company
* then last 1 yr through my own limited company

I had 8AM appointment at Croydon.

Reached 7:30AM
Finished formalities by 8AM and received token(airport style security check followed by document verification in the ground floor)

Went to 1st floor to pay the fee.
Paid the fee and my token number was called immediately to go to the counter in the same floor.

Caseworker asked me to give the application and then asked me to give all the documents that I have.

I gave each set of documents and their photocopies(each set at a time and briefed what I was about to give)

----------
for previous earnings, I produced the following and their photocopies(which are minimal things for my case )

-> personnel letter from my side explaining the earnings,period and the points I am claiming. (12 months)

->pay summary letter from previous employer as I didn't have payslips(5 months)
->personnel bank statements for the above(5 months)
->ref letter from previous company (I had it ..so I gave it )

->payslips from my limited company(7 months)
->personnel bank statements for the above payslips(7 months)
->dividend voucher(1)
->letter from accountant on the details of salary (gross/net/tax/date credited into personnel account) and dividend declared(gross/taxcredit/net)
-----------------------
-> life in UK certificate
-> passport photocopy of all the pages.
----------------------

I was then told to wait for 40 min. I sat there so that caseworker can see me in case if she needs any docs.

...waited....
...waited....

After some time I was called to provide last 3 months personnel bank statements. I gave them. The reason is that for previous earnings I claimed the first 12 months out of last 15 months as I was getting more points for the first 12 months.

...waited....
...waited....

I was finally called and was told that my application was fine but didn't confirm whether granted or not. she said she needs to do some check. she told me to come after 1 hour. it was 9AM by that time.

...waited....
...waited....long wait....

I had to wait bit longer to get my passport ..finally my token was called at 11 AM to collect my passport with the ILR granted.

It was good experience overall.

Thanks all for sharing the information.

DISCLAIMER: I have just given here my success story so that it may help other application to give an idea. I needed to produce less number of documents than usually required. This may vary depending on case worker and depending the category you are applying. My suggestion to the ILR applicants, take as much evidence as possible as per the guidance, organise the papers well and initially provide the case worker the minimal documents required.
Last edited by imbuser007 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Madge
Newly Registered

Post by Madge » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi, imbuser007,

Congratulations on ILR !!!

I am in a similar situation and will be applying at Croydon in 4 weeks , so your story is very helpful.
There are few things that I am not sure about and I hope you could clarify them for me:
1. you wrote "personnel letter from my side". Do you have a template you can share, or at least brief description of the structure and some basic phrases you've used?
2. you wrote "pay summary letter from previous employer". Did this letter show the salary (net /gross earnings) for the whole period you have worked for your employer, and was it by year or month? Or was it just a statement confirming that you worked for them and what your salary was?
3. you wrote "personnel bank statements for the above". Did you provide bank statement for all four years?

I would really appreciate your answer.

Thanks in advance,

imbuser007
Newly Registered

Post by imbuser007 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:57 pm

Madge wrote:Hi, imbuser007,

Congratulations on ILR !!!

I am in a similar situation and will be applying at Croydon in 4 weeks , so your story is very helpful.
There are few things that I am not sure about and I hope you could clarify them for me:
1. you wrote "personnel letter from my side". Do you have a template you can share, or at least brief description of the structure and some basic phrases you've used?
the letter I produce was on explaining my previous earnings. there is no format as such. that is to help the caseworker as I had 2 sources of earnings.

I prepared excel sheet of the earnings
company/month/gross/ni/tax/net/date credited into personnel account

in the letter, I briefly introduced my self and wrote the total earnings and points I am claiming and the above excel contents.

2. you wrote "pay summary letter from previous employer". Did this letter show the salary (net /gross earnings) for the whole period you have worked for your employer, and was it by year or month? Or was it just a statement confirming that you worked for them and what your salary was?
yes. but not for the whole period.. the letter included only 5 months from the previous company for which I claimed points
it was detailed by month,gross,tax,ni,net,date credited
3. you wrote "personnel bank statements for the above". Did you provide bank statement for all four years?
nope. only for the 12 months

also i gave 5 years p60 as they specifically asked

Madge
Newly Registered

Post by Madge » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks a lot for the answers!

Cheers,
Madge

destiniation_london

Re: SET(O) ILR Success @ Croydon wp+Tier1

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:26 pm

imbuser007 wrote:My application for ILR successfull today.
Thanks Very much to the forum and members who helped me.

My case details:
* SET(O) single applicant
* 5 yrs on WP(3yrs)+Tier 1(2yrs)
* 4 yrs continuously worked in one 1 Indian company
* then last 1 yr through my own limited company

I had 8AM appointment at Croydon.

Reached 7:30AM
Finished formalities by 8AM and received token(airport style security check followed by document verification in the ground floor)

Went to 1st floor to pay the fee.
Paid the fee and my token number was called immediately to go to the counter in the same floor.

Caseworker asked me to give the application and then asked me to give all the documents that I have.

I gave each set of documents and their photocopies(each set at a time and briefed what I was about to give)

----------
for previous earnings, I produced the following and their photocopies(which are minimal things for my case )

-> personnel letter from my side explaining the earnings,period and the points I am claiming. (12 months)

->pay summary letter from previous employer as I didn't have payslips(5 months)
->personnel bank statements for the above(5 months)
->ref letter from previous company (I had it ..so I gave it )

->payslips from my limited company(7 months)
->personnel bank statements for the above payslips(7 months)
->dividend voucher(1)
->letter from accountant on the details of salary (gross/net/tax/date credited into personnel account) and dividend declared(gross/taxcredit/net)
-----------------------
-> life in UK certificate
-> passport photocopy of all the pages.
----------------------

I was then told to wait for 40 min. I sat there so that caseworker can see me in case if she needs any docs.

...waited....
...waited....

After some time I was called to provide last 3 months personnel bank statements. I gave them. The reason is that for previous earnings I claimed the first 12 months out of last 15 months as I was getting more points for the first 12 months.

...waited....
...waited....

I was finally called and was told that my application was fine but didn't confirm whether granted or not. she said she needs to do some check. she told me to come after 1 hour. it was 9AM by that time.

...waited....
...waited....long wait....

I had to wait bit longer to get my passport ..finally my token was called at 11 AM to collect my passport with the ILR granted.

It was good experience overall.

Thanks all for sharing the information.

DISCLAIMER: I have just given here my success story so that it may help other application to give an idea. I needed to produce less number of documents than usually required. This may vary depending on case worker and depending the category you are applying. My suggestion to the ILR applicants, take as much evidence as possible as per the guidance, organise the papers well and initially provide the case worker the minimal documents required.
Hey , congratulations...

I was just wondering if you would be kind enough to share with us the format of the Accountant letter used to show your earnings from limited company.

Would really aapprecite it.

Thanks