ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor Financial Requirements for Spousal Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hredderson

Sponsor Financial Requirements for Spousal Visa

Post by hredderson » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Hello - I am trying to find out what the minimum financial requirements are for my (soon to be) husband to act as my sponsor if I were to apply for a spousal visa (rather than a fiance visa)?

Meaning, what amount of money would be required per week or per month after bills are paid to be able to qualify to sponsor me on a spousal visa?

I know there are tables out there with this information but I cannot seem to find them at this time.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi there,

Your hubby needs to show on his monthly statement at least: after rent, bills and loans (all monthly ongoing payments) he has £105.95 per week. this is enough to support him and you.

For instance after my monthly outgoings I have approx £700.00.

Does that help?

If he has any savings too that is a bonus, but not a must, if he meets the criteria of the above.

:D :D
Alhamdulilah for habibi..

Submitted: 19/05/2011
Recieved at BHC (Cairo): 23/05/2011
Call from BHC (verifying details): 08/08/2011
With Courier (24hr): 24/08/2011
**VISA GRANTED**: 25/08/2011
(Waiting time: 71 working days/ 14 weeks)

hredderson

Post by hredderson » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:11 pm

sweetmissy wrote:Hi there,

Your hubby needs to show on his monthly statement at least: after rent, bills and loans (all monthly ongoing payments) he has £105.95 per week. this is enough to support him and you.

For instance after my monthly outgoings I have approx £700.00.

Does that help?

If he has any savings too that is a bonus, but not a must, if he meets the criteria of the above.

:D :D
Yes! Very helpful, thank you! Do you know where this information may be listed on a website somewhere?

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:14 pm

You know i have never found any table of such on a website...

I have to say, someone else was asking the same question the other day and this information was verified by a moderator 'Casa'

They just look at the monthly outgoings, and work out after that. They are not looking how much is spent in the supermarket or personal purchases.

Hope its not too confusing :roll:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:33 pm

You don't need to include any bills other than rent or mortgage, council tax and any loan repayments when deducting from your income to arrive at the weekly minimum of £105.95.

hredderson

Post by hredderson » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Casa wrote:You don't need to include any bills other than rent or mortgage, council tax and any loan repayments when deducting from your income to arrive at the weekly minimum of £105.95.
Thank you Casa. Do you know if when applying for the Spousal visa (as compared to the Fiance visa) if it is ok to have sponsored accommodation? My (soon to be) husband and I plan to live with his father for the first 6 months after I am over in the UK. I was wondering if the same 'rules' for accommodation sponsorship apply in both cases (the spousal and fiance visa applications)? Thank you!

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:12 pm

hredderson wrote:Yes! Very helpful, thank you! Do you know where this information may be listed on a website somewhere?
Entry Clearance Guidance: Maintenance and Accommodation
In 2006, the UKAIT in UKAIT 00065 KA and Others (Pakistan), strongly suggested that it would not be appropriate to have immigrant families existing on resources that were less than the Income Support level for a British family of that size.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:19 pm

Third party sponsorship with respect to accommodation is permitted, as is third party financial sponsorship. Read the link posted by Kitty

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Following Kitty's link, just to confirm the £105.95 for a couple is set at the UK Income support level.

Accommodation provided by family will be fine. The family member providing this should submit a letter confirming they are inviting you to stay, together with a copy of the mortgage agreement or property deeds. If the property is rented, you will need a letter from the landlord agreeing to you and your husband living there. You should also submit details of the living accommodation to show that it will be adequate for the number of occupants.

hredderson

Post by hredderson » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:41 pm

Thank you all very much for the information - very helpful and exactly what I was looking for!

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:46 am

Good Luck with it all Hredderson!

:D :D :D

hredderson

Post by hredderson » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:38 pm

sweetmissy wrote:Good Luck with it all Hredderson!

:D :D :D
Thanks so much!!! :)

hredderson

Post by hredderson » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Casa wrote:Following Kitty's link, just to confirm the £105.95 for a couple is set at the UK Income support level.

Accommodation provided by family will be fine. The family member providing this should submit a letter confirming they are inviting you to stay, together with a copy of the mortgage agreement or property deeds. If the property is rented, you will need a letter from the landlord agreeing to you and your husband living there. You should also submit details of the living accommodation to show that it will be adequate for the number of occupants.
Casa - my fiance and I are debating now weather we should get married and then have me apply for a spousal visa rather than a fiance visa. My questions related to that situation are:

1) Is 3rd party accommodation support ok and acceptable for the spousal visa as it is for the fiance visa or is it frowned upon? If we were to apply for the spousal visa, we would still wish to live with my fiance's father for some time after I arrive in the UK while we get settled. Is this ok?

2) I do not currently have a job as I knew I would not be able to work for some time upon entering the UK on a fiance visa (my fiance and I have been traveling for the last 7 months; he is now back in the UK working while I prepare to process the visa application.) I believe I could find work no problem once in the UK based on my CV and experience, but would not having a job for the last year affect a spousal application in a negative way?

Any information/advice you have would be appreciated! Thank you![/i]

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:25 am

Hi hredderson,

Third party support is accepted for spousal visa for maintenance and accommodation.

You mention that you have not worked recently and if this will affect your spousal application; my husband was unemployed when we applied for his visa and this was a concern for me. However, he had worked five months earlier for several years and we put this in the application simply to show that he has worked.

In our supporting documents, I printed off as many suitable jobs from the job centre website, which he was qualified for in my local area, simply to show the ECO that there was suitable jobs locally for him....so I don't beleive it will affect your application.