ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (O) Tier 1 / HSMP JR - which box to tick on section 3?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

riffel135
Newly Registered

Set (O) Tier 1 / HSMP JR - which box to tick on section 3?

Post by riffel135 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:38 pm

I am applying for ILR on Form Set (O) I entered the UK on 13/10/2006 on a HSMP visa (approved on 1/9/06). I am currently on a Tier 1 general visa (approved 6/10/08 ). I have 4 questions below, thank you in advance for any comments!

I fall under part of the terms of the HSMP JR, only paragraphs 4, 6, 27 apply. Link below:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -09-policy

1 -I'm not sure which box on section 3, I should tick. Section A Tier 1 (excluding HSMP JR) or Section B Tier 1 (applying under HSMP JR) ?

2 - is there a phone number I could call to double check on this?

Also, my long term partner has lived with me, continuously the entire 5 years we've been in the UK, the supporting evidence to show this will be no problem. We're using our previous tenancy agreements, council tax statements, these can show a definite continuous 2 years. We also have utilities bills, and printed statements from our joint bank account, from the past two years, but these aren't continuous, i.e. we have September 2009 to October 2010 in bank statements, and July 10, November 10, and June 11 water/phone bills.

3 - Can she apply with me? I'm 99.9% she can. She has her own work permit (also granted in Oct 2006) and could make her own application, but we are getting married in November and it saves money. Will it be harmful to the application to apply together?

4 - should the leases and council taxes bills be okay to show proof of co-habitation? I can call our bank and utilities companies, to get 2 years of continuous statements, but our bank stopped sending paper statements about a year ago, and I'm wondering if its over kill.

Thank you very very very much for your advice!
Last edited by riffel135 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: Set (O) Tier 1 / HSMP JR - which box to tick on section

Post by mk357 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:07 pm

riffel135 wrote:I am applying for ILR on Form Set (O) I entered the UK on 13/10/2006 on a HSMP visa (approved on 1/9/06). I am currently on a Tier 1 general visa (approved 6/10/08). I have 4 questions below, thank you in advance for any comments!

I fall under part of the terms of the HSMP JR, only paragraphs 4, 6, 27 apply. Link below:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -09-policy

1 -I'm not sure which box on section 3, I should tick. Section A Tier 1 (excluding HSMP JR) or Section B Tier 1 (applying under HSMP JR) ?

2 - is there a phone number I could call to double check on this?

Also, my long term partner has lived with me, continuously the entire 5 years we've been in the UK, the supporting evidence to show this will be no problem. We're using our previous tenancy agreements, council tax statements, these can show a definite continuous 2 years. We also have utilities bills, and printed statements from our joint bank account, from the past two years, but these aren't continuous, i.e. we have September 2009 to October 2010 in bank statements, and July 10, November 10, and June 11 water/phone bills.

3 - Can she apply with me? I'm 99.9% she can. She has her own work permit (also granted in Oct 2006) and could make her own application, but we are getting married in November and it saves money. Will it be harmful to the application to apply together?

4 - should the leases and council taxes bills be okay to show proof of co-habitation? I can call our bank and utilities companies, to get 2 years of continuous statements, but our bank stopped sending paper statements about a year ago, and I'm wondering if its over kill.

Thank you very very very much for your advice!
Section 3(B) is applicable in your case as you are covered under HSMP JR. If your last extension visa was T1G then you should select T1G under JR. Has your wife got a dependant visa or WP on her own? If she has dependant visa then there shouldn't be any problem in getting her ILR with you. Normally the CW wouldn't ask for cohabitation if you are covered under JR but there have been instances where the CW did ask for such docs, in which case docs from 3 different sources is required. Bank account, Council Tax, Utilities bills, NHS/GP letters should be fine.

riffel135
Newly Registered

Post by riffel135 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Thank you for the reply!

She has a wp her own. Will it be an issue if she switches to a dependent under mine?

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:20 pm

riffel135 wrote:Thank you for the reply!

She has a wp her own. Will it be an issue if she switches to a dependent under mine?
You mean issue in getting her ILR. There have been successes even if spouse has switched to dependant visa a few months earlier but were living together at the same address for over 2 years on a different visa.

riffel135
Newly Registered

Post by riffel135 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:24 am

She's not on a dependent on my Tier 1 visa currently. She has her own separate Work Permit Visa. We'd be switching her to a dependent on my ILR application, not before. Does she need to be on a dependent visa for this to work? If you have any web links explaining this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your help!