ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pass Mark - Likely to change?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crouts81
Newly Registered

Pass Mark - Likely to change?

Post by crouts81 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:02 pm

I can get 115 points so am 5 short of the 120 pass mark for Skilled Independent Migration. Does anybody know what the story is with this 'application held in a pool for up to 2 years?' Is it worth me applying in the hope that the pass mark will be lowered to 115 points?

I can satisfy all the other requirements for the visa BUT have to take advantage of the work experience exemption rule, having just finished 2 years of study in Australia. This exemption expires 6 months after i got my degree (this December) so I would have to apply by then.

Has the pass mark EVER been lowered? Or does it just keep creeping up?

PREETGILL
Newly Registered

Post by PREETGILL » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:17 am

If you are in a student in australia, there are other visa options you can take or find out if you can claim the bonus points. You did not mention your Course details and where abouts are you studying.