ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If ILR Refused - Does your ilr clock then start again from

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jason77

If ILR Refused - Does your ilr clock then start again from

Post by jason77 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:00 pm

If your ILR Application is Refused because of an absence.

1) Does your ILR clock start again from date of refusal

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:30 am

Yes, from that particular absence onwards until you fulfil the rule again. Not from date of refusal.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:13 pm

gidoc wrote:Yes, from that particular absence onwards until you fulfil the rule again. Not from date of refusal.
As in most cases ILR is applied at the end of qualify period (28 days before the end of visa validity date), so what happens in such cases where ILR is refused because of an absence and visa is about to expire in 28 days?

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:17 pm

networkers wrote:
gidoc wrote:Yes, from that particular absence onwards until you fulfil the rule again. Not from date of refusal.
As in most cases ILR is applied at the end of qualify period (28 days before the end of visa validity date), so what happens in such cases where ILR is refused because of an absence and visa is about to expire in 28 days?
You apply for further extension i.e. Leave to Remain.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:26 pm

mk357 wrote:
networkers wrote:
Thanks for your prompt response and if I have applied via post and get the refusal after the expiry of visa what would be the next step in that case?

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:37 am

networkers wrote:
mk357 wrote:
networkers wrote:
Thanks for your prompt response and if I have applied via post and get the refusal after the expiry of visa what would be the next step in that case?
Any thoughts???

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:55 am

networkers wrote:
networkers wrote:
mk357 wrote:
networkers wrote:
Any thoughts???
You might be able to appeal, if given the right, otherwise your case is very complicated. You better seek an advice of an Immigration Lawyer. If you do not appeal within the given time (provided you have been given the right) then you would become illegal immigrant, so keep that in mind.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:11 pm

mk357 wrote: You might be able to appeal, if given the right, otherwise your case is very complicated. You better seek an advice of an Immigration Lawyer. If you do not appeal within the given time (provided you have been given the right) then you would become illegal immigrant, so keep that in mind.
Thanks mk357
I am not in this situation at the moment (Thank God), but just wanted to know about the options if it happen as this is valid possibility.