ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK citizen doctor requires registration with irish med counc

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amitchar
Newly Registered

UK citizen doctor requires registration with irish med counc

Post by amitchar » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:55 am

Dera Friends,
i am sorry but I had initilally put up this query in the family forum by mistake. My sincere apologies.

My query is that as a uk citizen i should be exempt from writing the irish med council exam called tras as all other eu citizens are. The difference is i have done my med studies in India. But the PLAB exam conduted by the GMC for UK says that even if an EU citizen has graduated from outside the EU he is still exempt from writing the PLAB exam in order for him to be registered in the uk as a doc.
This is the principle for an eu citizen when exercising his right to freedom of movement--1612/68 of eu charter.If the irish med council insists i do the exam would not this be discrimination with its own citizens as well as with other eu citizens????