ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage certificate issues

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mnashish
Newly Registered

Marriage certificate issues

Post by mnashish » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:42 am

Hi,

My wifes visa was refused and the reson given was that I have not submitted an original marriage certificate. In fact I had provided them with an original marriage certificate as was issued by the state of Kerala. I have got a Certificate of marriage on a Rs10 stamp paper on which the registrar has signed and sealed. This has been issued as per "Kerala Hindu Marriage Registration Rules".

I have checked some of my friends certificates and they seem to be on a non stamp paper and with their photos. Could this be the reson why my wifes visa was rejected. Would anyone know how to get around this issue as the registrar say this is how they issue the marriage certificates.

Any pointers could be useful. Waiting for you replies.

Thanks

varghesejim
India

Re: Marriage certificate issues

Post by varghesejim » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:04 pm

mnashish wrote:Hi,

My wifes visa was refused and the reson given was that I have not submitted an original marriage certificate. In fact I had provided them with an original marriage certificate as was issued by the state of Kerala. I have got a Certificate of marriage on a Rs10 stamp paper on which the registrar has signed and sealed. This has been issued as per "Kerala Hindu Marriage Registration Rules".

I have checked some of my friends certificates and they seem to be on a non stamp paper and with their photos. Could this be the reson why my wifes visa was rejected. Would anyone know how to get around this issue as the registrar say this is how they issue the marriage certificates.

Any pointers could be useful. Waiting for you replies.

Thanks
Hi,

Statutory provisions available for the registration of marriages in Kerala state are:

Hindu Marriage Act,1955 and the Kerala Hindu Marriage Registration Rules,1957
( Applicable to Hindus, Buddhists, Jainas and Sikhs and registration done at the local government where marriage solemnization occurred)

Kerala Registration of Marriages (Common) Rules, 2008
(Applicable to all and registration done at the local government where marriage solemnization occurred)

Special Marriage Act, 1954 and the Kerala Special Marriage Rules, 1958
(Applicable to all and marriage solemnisation & registration or registration done before any Sub Registrar at the Sub Registrar Office of Registration Department)
For recent marriages I suppose the mos popular way is "Kerala Registration of Marriages (Common) Rules, 2008" which can be done irrespective of the religion. See the form below

Now your marriage is done according to the hindu marriage registration rules as follows

http://india.gov.in/allimpfrms/allrules/2368.pdf

The case worker might have thought that only the registration document according to Kerala Registration of Marriages 2008 is official. You need to submit some document which proves your marriage certificate is also official. Probabaly you need to get a letter from the registrar saying this certificate is legally valid as per Indian rules.

mnashish
Newly Registered

Post by mnashish » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:25 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking of doing the same, i.e. getting a letter from the municipal secretary and also am planning to get a letter off the marriage hall stating the marriage date and time and the people involved. But I hope these should be sufficient enough proofs.

Please let me know if anyone can think of any other proofs we can submit to prove the marriage certificate is genuine?