ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got my Fiancee visa! So what Next? Medical Certificate?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FaFa9660
Newly Registered

Got my Fiancee visa! So what Next? Medical Certificate?

Post by FaFa9660 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi guys!

I finally got my visa! (btw is fiancee visa) and i still not quite ready about something which is the medical certificate thing. I'm from Malaysia, do i need to go to a doctor and get checkups something like that? Before i fly to UK. Because i heard a lady who gone through this and she told me she got stuck in the customs for 6 hrs because she don't have the medical certificate etc. So they need to get her check over there before they let her out. Is that true? because her case was way too long ago so i have no idea is that still needed?

I hope someone can help me on this....

Many thanks
FaFa

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Congratulations!!!!

How long did you have to wait?

There are many threads on here that will help with regards to your question, also the home office website will also tell you what is required of you.

Good Luck!! and welcome to the UK (when you get here)

:D :D
Alhamdulilah for habibi..

Submitted: 19/05/2011
Recieved at BHC (Cairo): 23/05/2011
Call from BHC (verifying details): 08/08/2011
With Courier (24hr): 24/08/2011
**VISA GRANTED**: 25/08/2011
(Waiting time: 71 working days/ 14 weeks)

FaFa9660
Newly Registered

Post by FaFa9660 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:46 pm

sweetmissy wrote:Congratulations!!!!

How long did you have to wait?

There are many threads on here that will help with regards to your question, also the home office website will also tell you what is required of you.

Good Luck!! and welcome to the UK (when you get here)

:D :D
Hi,

Thanks for the wishes... im very excited too!

but i really do have some problem.. any idea what kind of medical check up that i need to do before i travel? i dont have much time left in singapore and also need to give some time for the medical check up result to be out too..

So hope someone can give me some advise.

Many thanks

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:23 am

Hello FaFa9660,

I am also from Malaysia and have also applied for a fiancee visa. I have just received a text from VFS saying that my supporting documents and passport is currently being couriered over to Sabah. The whole process took 4 working days (not entirely sure if that's a good thing, but a phone call from the ECO who called said to "expect good news") :D

As far as I am aware, you do not need an additional medical/TB certificate when you travel to the UK.

Many congratulations to you and your fiancé!

FaFa9660
Newly Registered

Post by FaFa9660 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:29 am

stephanielqy wrote:Hello FaFa9660,

I am also from Malaysia and have also applied for a fiancee visa. I have just received a text from VFS saying that my supporting documents and passport is currently being couriered over to Sabah. The whole process took 4 working days (not entirely sure if that's a good thing, but a phone call from the ECO who called said to "expect good news") :D

As far as I am aware, you do not need an additional medical/TB certificate when you travel to the UK.

Many congratulations to you and your fiancé!
Hi Stephanielqy,

Thanks for the reply.

Last time i almost got rejected because my english cert is not recognize by them so they allow me to sit for another english test and get the cert. thats why my case it took abit long because have to wait for the test day and wait for result to be out. But once i got my result and sent it over to the embassy after 1 or 2 days my visa is approved. They didn't call me to tell me that my visa is approved just sent me an email saying "Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days."

Since the ECO called said expect good news that's quite sure that you got the visa.. *finger cross*

And i was worry about the medical report thing because last time i have someone told me she stuck in the airport for many hrs because she dont have the medical check up. So i worry i will be stuck too.. then i email the VFS this is what they reply:

"As Singapore is a low-risk country, it is not a requirement to have a medical checkup for travel to the UK. However, if you wish to have a medical checkup, you may opt to have a chest x-ray done.

If you have your chest x-ray before travelling, you may carry them in your hand luggage to show the Immigration Officer in the UK if you are requested for it. It would be at the discretion of the Immigration Officer to request a person to undergo a medical examination upon arrival in the UK."

So i guess i will go for the chest x-ray only. if they want to check on me when i arrive then no choice. Because i won't k now what kind of medical check they want and what to check so i think i just let them check on me their way.

Just some info to share..Hope everything will be smooth.. When are you going to travel to UK? I will be fly off on 5th Sept ^^

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:39 am

Carrying your recent chest x-ray in your hand lugguage should be sufficient to prevent you from having to undergo another x-ray at the airport, if required.
Last edited by vinny on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:46 am

Hello FaFa9660,

That's great news! It's a good thing they allowed you to get the recognised English requirement test done instead of rejecting the application outright :)

The only reason why the ECO called me was because my fiancé is currently in the UK at the moment and I brought his passport back with me to Malaysia to apply for the visa. The ECO told me that his British passport will be cancelled and sent back to our address back in the UK! (she quoted some law, can't quite remember what exactly). She assured me that the application itself is fine, but I'm holding off any celebrations until I have my passport back! So yeah, fingers/toes/eyes crossed!

Regarding the medical check up, I've been a student in the UK for the past 7 years and so far have not been pulled into for health screening. A friend of mine at university was unfortunately "caught", but she entered the UK during the swine flu epidemic and she had a pretty bad cold. But you never know, and it's always better to be safe than sorry!

Presuming all goes well, I'll be leaving for the UK on the 31st of August. Good luck with the FLR applications in a few months time!

Stephanie

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:59 am

stephanielqy wrote:The only reason why the ECO called me was because my fiancé is currently in the UK at the moment and I brought his passport back with me to Malaysia to apply for the visa. The ECO told me that his British passport will be cancelled and sent back to our address back in the UK! (she quoted some law, can't quite remember what exactly).
That's interesting. Can you get more details on this, please?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:21 am

Hello vinny,

I don't have much information about this, I'm afraid :( The phone call caught me at a very bad time - I was behind the wheel and had to pull over on the motorway. I tried calling back as I had more questions (tracking number etc) but getting hold of anyone from the British High Commission in Malaysia is a nightmare

The first question the ECO asked was "is your sponsor currently in the country?" (Malaysia). When I said no, she said that it is against the law to return his British passport to me and will have to be cancelled and returned to him in the UK. I argued that my fiancé provided an authorisation letter regarding my possession of his passport but she said that there was nothing she could do. Needless to say, my fiancé isn't pleased!

Any input on this would be very much appreciated :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:43 am

I haven't seen any warnings stating that original supporting documents may be subject to cancellation. They should put up such a warning with regards to cancellations of British passports under these circumstances. A reference to the applicable legislation would be helpful.

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:33 am

I completely agree. Hopefully there will be more information from the ECO when my documents are returned and will post any additional information here.

Thanks vinny!

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:53 am

Just to let you guys know that I have received my passport together with my supporting documents. Everything was there - except my fiancé's British passport. No letter, no email, no nothing. If it weren't for that phone call, I would have no way of finding out.