ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:17 pm

jambalap wrote:Is there any way we can know current pending naturalisation applications with INIS? :D
NO :!:
PIKKA

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:36 pm

ofcourse you can find how many applications are pending.if your mate got his/her approval go with them to ceromany.everyceromany minister give a hint 10000 application done so far.our govt clear backload of 17000 application till next spring.anyway finegael is doing great job.

time2act
Newly Registered

Post by time2act » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:46 am

PIKKA wrote:
time2act wrote:
IQU wrote:bandar look like people got there approvals.they are not any longer using this valuable website.......... come on lads please update any issues

May be there are no new approvals recently? I am waiting on my case from Sep 08 and there is no sign yet.....I have been told that the file is with Minister from June end but it already middle of August and no word.

Don't know what's going on? May be they are waiting for the ceremonies to be organised and then dispatch decisions based on the dates from ceremonies.

As I can remember from recent post that they are now sending invite to the ceremony in the appoval letter? May be that can answer the delay??
BANG ON. Totally agree. According to new law they would hand over CONs in a Ceremony. They ARE arranging the Ceremonies and may be the next ceremonies would only be in Dublin and Tipperary as they did recently.

Just off the phone from the CitizenShip helpline....they are suggesting that my file is still with the minister(been with the minister from June end) and the delay is due to back log and minister been on holidays. She suggested to wait for a few more months and I will get the decision in the next batch.

Any professionally run organisation have backup staff if the main staff is on holidays. It shows how lax the whole division is :( I with my whole family should wait when the staff has finished there holidays and come back and look into file of the taxpayer who is waiting from last 3 years!!!

aya101

Post by aya101 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:50 am

time2act wrote:
PIKKA wrote:
time2act wrote:
IQU wrote:bandar look like people got there approvals.they are not any longer using this valuable website.......... come on lads please update any issues

May be there are no new approvals recently? I am waiting on my case from Sep 08 and there is no sign yet.....I have been told that the file is with Minister from June end but it already middle of August and no word.

Don't know what's going on? May be they are waiting for the ceremonies to be organised and then dispatch decisions based on the dates from ceremonies.

As I can remember from recent post that they are now sending invite to the ceremony in the appoval letter? May be that can answer the delay??
BANG ON. Totally agree. According to new law they would hand over CONs in a Ceremony. They ARE arranging the Ceremonies and may be the next ceremonies would only be in Dublin and Tipperary as they did recently.

Just off the phone from the CitizenShip helpline....they are suggesting that my file is still with the minister(been with the minister from June end) and the delay is due to back log and minister been on holidays. She suggested to wait for a few more months and I will get the decision in the next batch.

Any professionally run organisation have backup staff if the main staff is on holidays. It shows how lax the whole division is :( I with my whole family should wait when the staff has finished there holidays and come back and look into file of the taxpayer who is waiting from last 3 years!!!
how did you get through im still trying to get through from 11 oclock

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:12 pm

aya101 wrote:
time2act wrote:
PIKKA wrote:
time2act wrote:

how did you get through im still trying to get through from 11 oclock
With the help of Determination, Patience and Consistency
PIKKA

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:32 pm

so doj minister is on holidays.so that why its very quite here.i hope atleast 1200 applications going to clear in next ceromany

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:44 pm

time2act wrote: Just off the phone from the CitizenShip helpline....they are suggesting that my file is still with the minister(been with the minister from June end) and the delay is due to back log and minister been on holidays. She suggested to wait for a few more months and I will get the decision in the next batch.

Last Friday on 12/08/2011 the Minister has attended the Tipperary Ceremony, so he is off from this week and normally there are four weeks holidays of an employee but I don't know how long would his be.
Honestly speaking this delayed CON has spoiled our Holidays.
PIKKA

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:24 pm

minister alan shatter was not in ceromany.but i am not too sure because i read in this website www.garda.ie 600 applicant was issue citizenship .

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:54 pm

Dep of Justice .i.e. Mr Alan has not attended in Tipperary’s ceremony anyway. There were Gov spoke person giving lecture. Because two of my uncle amoung the certificate receiptient on that day!

angelcountry
BANNED

Post by angelcountry » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:21 am

IQU wrote:minister alan shatter was not in ceromany.but i am not too sure because i read in this website www.garda.ie 600 applicant was issue citizenship .
Are the Garda the one's issuing citizenship nowadays, otherwise we are all in serious trouble ?

Has Ireland gotten a website to check naturalization record or we're still lacking behind in ireland for that ?
Reality and Proof can make a case in accordance with the fix rule custom and principle.

teal
Newly Registered

awaiting CON

Post by teal » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:01 pm

living in ireland 13 years. applied for naturalisation in august 2008. had several letters last summer form DoJ asking for clarification of my economic circumstances - i had a baby so was on maternity benefit. sent in all of my details and received a letter in April 2011 with the yellow form. phoned court and got a date for september 2011 to swear oath.

was contacted in beginning of july asking me if i would like to swear oath in july, instead of september. yes, please!!!!

swore oath on July 12th 2011, sent off all my documents, yellow form, photos, GNIB card and 950 euros on Juy 14th and just received a letter of acknowledgment from DoJ on monday august 15th.

so a total of 36 months so far from original application to the letter of acknowledgment. hope to have CON in next few weeks????

PIKKA

Re: awaiting CON

Post by PIKKA » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:38 pm

teal wrote:living in ireland 13 years. applied for naturalisation in august 2008. had several letters last summer form DoJ asking for clarification of my economic circumstances - i had a baby so was on maternity benefit. sent in all of my details and received a letter in April 2011 with the yellow form. phoned court and got a date for september 2011 to swear oath.

was contacted in beginning of july asking me if i would like to swear oath in july, instead of september. yes, please!!!!

swore oath on July 12th 2011, sent off all my documents, yellow form, photos, GNIB card and 950 euros on Juy 14th and just received a letter of acknowledgment from DoJ on monday august 15th.

so a total of 36 months so far from original application to the letter of acknowledgment. hope to have CON in next few weeks????
My Husband sent his Yellow form on 15 July and received acknowledgment on 12 Aug, he applied Nov 2006 and still in the waiting game like you. Hopefully in the coming weeks there would be another wave of CONs.
You are Luckier than me I applied in July 2008 got acknowledgment in Aug 2008 but they are still waiting for the Garda Report. I never worked or was on dole payment as I am dependent on my Husband and he has been working all the time since he arrived in April 2001. As a dependent I don't think that there should be that much checks or re-checks. Anyway there is no solution of this problem except wait with patience. Fingers Crossed.......
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:48 pm

AUCK wrote:Dep of Justice .i.e. Mr Alan has not attended in Tipperary’s ceremony anyway. There were Gov spoke person giving lecture. Because two of my uncle amoung the certificate receiptient on that day!
Oh! I thought that He attended all the big Ceremonies so he definitely would be there. Sorry my Mistake.... :oops:
PIKKA

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Why would on earth having applied in 2008 still waiting for garda report & so called outside agency report. I think PIKKA you got to clarify with the department whether your application still in exist. From my experience I rang the division about a month ago( July 11) when one of my cousin got approval who was applied in Feb2010 “his application I filled-in and I am still swing a lollyâ€

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:39 pm

its really annoying when we have to wait 30 mins in queue talk to citizenship division.some time we have to wait weeks and weeks get contact to citizenship division.why they dont make some website where we can easily trace our applications or they can make easily contact number we have to pay 15 euro our call will be connected with citizenship division easily like us,uk embassies.no more frusations.

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:43 pm

@PIKKA ur husbnd apply in 2006 n he got his apprval now? my god thats 5 years waiting. thats rubbish so then this means u & I are gonna get it in 2014 i hope not :( . i hav same timeline as u r i apply in 08 too but always workin never claim social. @AUCK this is how long its taking for certain ppl dude. i think they r xcuses regarding outside reports its maybe application deferred for certain ppl for amount of time.

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:15 pm

beady eye wrote:...thats rubbish so then this means u & I are gonna get it in 2014 i hope not :( . i hav same timeline as u r i apply in 08 too but always workin never claim social.
:shock: NO, NO, NO,NO............don't say that, be positive I hope that we would get ours in next 3-6 months time(wanted to say 3-6 weeks time). According to new trends I am very hopeful that our turn is very Close.....
PIKKA

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:40 pm

same here my friend i am very positive these days .i trust this govt .hopefully everything will sort it out within few months

teal
Newly Registered

waiting times

Post by teal » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:18 pm

PIKKA - I was on Jobseeker's Allowance and then Maternity Benefit last summer when my file seemed to be 'held up'. It seems the Government are particularly stringent when they think someone who has applied for Citizenship may be 'dependent on the State'. I wrote them a letter last Summer - June 2010 - telling them that I had absolutely no intention on being reliant on the State now or in the future.

I also braved the Tues/Thurs phone lines in February 2011 and managed to get through to someone who advised me to send in all of my husband's information - 3 months worth of bank statements and payslips - to show that my husband could support me and our children. I also spoke to my local TD and complained of how long I had been waiting to hear something. The TD took my details (ie. application number and name). That seems to have sped things up as I received my yellow form within 8 weeks of the phone call and meeting with my local TD.

As others have said, it often is the case that your file is sitting on someone's desk and it gets forgotten, until you make contact. Disgraceful, but true. I hope you hear something very soon...and it can't hurt to give them a ring and inquire about your file. Congratulations to your husband!

mikado
Newly Registered

Post by mikado » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:20 pm

BE PATIENT. MIKADO KNOWS THAT THERE WILL BE A LOT OF APPROVALS COMING SOON. TRUST MIKADO BACAUSE MIKADO KNOWS !!

churchholigan

Post by churchholigan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Hi all

I phoned INIS on Tuesday. I spoke to one of the lady over the phone and she told me my file is with XXXXX. She actually gave me the case officer's name over the phone and told me that my file on his desk but she had never said anything else about my file after I submitted my bank statements and payslips. Has anyone been actually told their case officer's name over the phone???? Is this common??

Thx

PIKKA

Re: waiting times

Post by PIKKA » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:48 pm

teal wrote: I also spoke to my local TD and complained of how long I had been waiting to hear something. The TD took my details (ie. application number and name). That seems to have sped things up as I received my yellow form within 8 weeks of the phone call and meeting with my local TD.

As others have said, it often is the case that your file is sitting on someone's desk and it gets forgotten, until you make contact. Disgraceful, but true. I hope you hear something very soon...and it can't hurt to give them a ring and inquire about your file. Congratulations to your husband!
We have tried our local TD in Feb this year but not of any use.
But what you are saying about the file on the desk that is the case with my husband, INIS asked my husband in July 2009 to submit the copy of his Birth and Marriage Certs and we sent them but she said no the original Birth Cert, we sent them the original one, then she sent the acknowledgment letter but did not send back the original Birth Cert. I requested them twice to send back the original Birth Cert but every time she said they don't have the original one and they do not keep the original documents.
Now this year there were new requirements for the Irish Passport Application in which they are asking for the Birth Cert, and it is very difficult for us to have another Birth Cert, so I phoned INIS and inquired about the Birth Cert and this time again she said they don't have that, But when I recall the dates and letters of 2009 then she said OK I will check the file if the Cert is here I would post it to you. And at last they sent back the Cert and after that call every time when I called INIS they said 'the file is in Minister's office', so they dusted the file while checking for Birth Cert.
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:54 pm

churchholigan wrote:Hi all

I phoned INIS on Tuesday. I spoke to one of the lady over the phone and she told me my file is with XXXXX. She actually gave me the case officer's name over the phone and told me that my file on his desk but she had never said anything else about my file after I submitted my bank statements and payslips. Has anyone been actually told their case officer's name over the phone???? Is this common??

Thx
It never happened to me, I don't know about others.
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:00 pm

mikado wrote:BE PATIENT. MIKADO KNOWS THAT THERE WILL BE A LOT OF APPROVALS COMING SOON. TRUST MIKADO BACAUSE MIKADO KNOWS !!
Yes I think that's true You know something. I seriously think that you are the inner personnel of INIS, that's why your predictions are so correct.... What is the secret??????
PIKKA

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:39 am

Hi guys – don’t be upset, we all here 2 share REAL information based on moral principles and as per as practicable. It does appear to be NO more recent approvals; we should all stay come till the decision has been made for us. If the decision goes positive WE ALL GOING BE PLASTIC PADDY & TRY a Pt of GUNNISSE otherwise what we can DO? Nothing! other than to reapplies. But anyway applicant of 2008, 2009, 2010? & others if any hopefully everything will be cleared by end of the year in order to put INIS into the 6mths timeframe. Does anyone know whether this 6Mths time scale is become mandatory to make a decision OR it is just an official manifesto? Because it seems they R back to square1 now few months ago there was 23months for decision but as to date its stand @26mths. However there is a single light that we can see, if u visit mr. Alan shatter’s personal website and follow him in tweeter it’s seems his sound, committed to do the jobs more efficiently, reducing systematic failure, & for communities too (i.e. read his PMQ about for a Nigerian women who was deported back in FF regime) . Sorry guys for heavy lecture hopefully will see you in a ceremony’sssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!