ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong SOC Code - Application still with UKBA - What to do?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shoma

Wrong SOC Code - Application still with UKBA - What to do?

Post by shoma » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi I urgently need your guidance, here is my problem:

I am on psw visa, and applied for T2 Emp sponsored visa with dependent. My application is still under consideration.

I have realized that my employer used SOC code "1141 Quality Assurance Manager" instead of "1136
Information and communication technology managers", which does not match with my salarly currently at £27,300 and i see that my appliation will be eventualy refused.

My current psw visa will be expiring on 5th of next month. what are my options.

If i get refusal letter after 5th of september how much time will i have to leave the country. will i become overstayer which i dont want to be.

Its so annoying

Please help me with your guidance

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Sorry to hear about your situation mate,

I had a similar problem however I did not make the application, I found out my company has put the wrong SOC code as well, Then they withdrawn the COS and applied for a new COS. We were given one within a day. I'm going to make my application within this week.

Given the short time you have I doubt you have lot of options. Did you speak to a solicitor ? I don't know if you will get the right to appeal but if they do you can fight back cause its the employers fault. I can't believe how buggy the system is, Unbelievable :lol:

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:29 pm

your app will get rejected....no matter how you explain it!

your options

1. get your employer to contact ukba and explain that you, i.e. applicant, will be issued new COS very soon and that you will be submitting new COS via change of circum. form.

2. be explicit that ukba MUST NOT return your app but rather withhold it, until they receive change of circum. form from you.

if they return it to you, and your visa has already expired.. then you fall under overstayed cateegory which looks very, very bad on your immigration history

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Aresenal don't they give you a time limit if they refuse you ? Like certain number of days to appeal or leave the country. If your application gets refused will you become over stayer ?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:44 pm

there is 28-days period which you get BUT you are officially an overstayer during that time(although this 28-day period has no consequence attached to it except when it comes to ILR!).

after 28 days, you are given an automatic 1 year ban.

one should strive to NOT become an overstayer!

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:05 am

arsenal49 wrote:there is 28-days period which you get BUT you are officially an overstayer during that time(although this 28-day period has no consequence attached to it except when it comes to ILR!).

after 28 days, you are given an automatic 1 year ban.

one should strive to NOT become an overstayer!
Thanks Arsenal.

That would give me enough time to cancel my direct debits and clear the apartment :lol: TBH I'm not even confident I will get this TIER2, Its just way too complicated. It's been 6 months I have been trying to get everything done but this whole system is simply "Corrupted" My heart is no longer in this country. :)

shoma

Post by shoma » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:52 am

Thank you Arsenal49, you are truly a guru. God Bless you.

Thankyou modona587 from your kind information.

here is the update
we called ukba today asked them to hold the applciation which they refused.

I am going to fill the change of circumtances from with new certificate number today and send it special delivery today if possible

Thank will keep you posted

shoma

Post by shoma » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:25 am

madona587 wrote:
Thanks Arsenal.

That would give me enough time to cancel my direct debits and clear the apartment :lol: TBH I'm not even confident I will get this TIER2, Its just way too complicated. It's been 6 months I have been trying to get everything done but this whole system is simply "Corrupted" My heart is no longer in this country. :)
sorry for being out of scope of this forum

Modona587, I think this country is making life far too much hard by imposing illogical barriers and tricks to make you leave the country i should have been working now and concenterating on my work rather than worrying about a very complex system mistake, there is more to life than a f****** visa. i cannot concentrate on my career but have to spend extra amounts of time to understand new changes and so called policy guidance.

we have been trying to get our company certified since last september, what ever you do there is something left. I am planning to leave as well once i see the outcome of this.

shoma

Post by shoma » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:58 pm

I have sent Migrant change of circumtances form with new COS to UKBA but really worried i dont have hope i am packing bags. Have Receieved biometrics letter and waiting for biometrics

shoma

Post by shoma » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:58 pm

finally got application results and it is a success please see my time line in the in country timeline...

thanks for all the help

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:56 pm

shoma wrote:finally got application results and it is a success please see my time line in the in country timeline...

thanks for all the help
Congrats mate, happy for you. I'm expecting my refusal anytime :(
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

shoma

Post by shoma » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:57 am

madona587 wrote:
shoma wrote:finally got application results and it is a success please see my time line in the in country timeline...

thanks for all the help
Congrats mate, happy for you. I'm expecting my refusal anytime :(
Thank you madona587, keep you hopes up i was expecting the same ... and in the end it work so you never know