ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raj

please help!!!

Post by raj » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:16 pm

could you please tell me while claiming the salary point do they only count the monthly salary for 12 months or they also count:

1) variable compensation earned during that year, based on target achieved
2) Annual benifits earned such as Providend Fund, Medical allowance, Travel allowance and other benifits

- Raj
no matter how thin u slice the cheese, it still has two sides....let's now try to view my from side....
------------------------RAJ------------------------------

God's House
Newly Registered

Post by God's House » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:19 pm

simar

Post by simar » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:39 pm

Hi Raj,
I guess u r from india. On the salary count,
one thing is clear that hsmp only takes care of income that is
declared for tax purposes. So apart from monthly gross,

U can add yearly target based bonus only if it is declared in
ur taxable income.

About the Medical/travel /gratuty forget about them.

On the Provident Fund. u can try by showing that ur are claiming income tax rebate by contributing in it. Also Company's contribution of PF, the case worker might consider if it helps in making the ur case pass on borderline. As such PF money is only around 3-4% of the total yearly income.

best of luck.

raj

Post by raj » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:28 pm

Simar,

annual benfits are as following:

Medical allowance + Medical premium
Providand fund
Superannuation

all of the above mentioned benifits accounts to around 12% of my 12 months gross salary, hence it is quite good amount.

These benifits are part of my compensation letter and are not taxable, hence these are not the part of taxable income.

Please let me know whether I can include these to claim point under salary.

I see no reason why it should not included in income. please respond.

-Raj
no matter how thin u slice the cheese, it still has two sides....let's now try to view my from side....

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:27 am

I agree with simar that they do not consider PF, medical etc. That's what is mentioned in their site. You can only tell them in written that all this is included in your salary and based on it you are claiming points the rest live it to god and HO.

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:37 am

I agree with simar that they do not consider PF, medical etc. That's what is mentioned in their site. You can only tell them in written that all this is included in your salary and based on it you are claiming points the rest live it to god and HO.

raj

Post by raj » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:48 am

Roams/ Simar

Could you please tell me the link which says Home office will not consider PF and Medical allowance as earning.

regds
Raj

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:13 pm

raj,

this is what is written on the site :

"It is important to note that not all income will be considered. Unearned income such as dividends from investments (unless a company in which you are active in day to day management), Property rental income, and interest on savings or funds received through an inheritance are not used when calculating your income.

In addition, earnings that have not been declared to the appropriate authorities will not be accepted when calculating your income"

they don't consider anything which you do not declare in the tax. PF(from employer side), interest on PF and medical are never declared for Itax.

you can refer to this site

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/HSMP.asp

whatever we say are based on either personnal exp. or by refering other posts in the forum."This information is not a complete statement of the law. " This is said by HO website. This is also applicable here.
There are too many consultants now a days who help you in your visa processing. You can consult them for free. refer to www.workpermit.com

all the best.

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:22 pm

[For Indians]
IMHO the PF should be considered as part of our past 1 year earning. it's part of our earning and this money will be available with us as fund when we gonna windup our lives from India.

When i applied for HSMP, around 40% of fund i shown, was from PF, and when i'm going to apply for EC for my wife i gonna show again PF as major part of my fund.

There are 2 things
1) Past one year earning and
2) Fund available to you.

in the 2nd part you can show all funds avaailable from all sources, which you can carry with you or which will be available at your disposal.

For the 1st part you show what you earn from your regular job (including PF )

Ajay