ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abyss201
Newly Registered

Post by abyss201 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:45 am

Ilokag wrote:Hey all, here's my final update

Application sent 03/05/2011
Ukba received 04/05/2011
Coa received 20/05/2011
RC issued 18/07/2011
RC received 11/08/2011

So so happy. This forum has really helped me. Good luck to people waiting. Your time will come. Keep updating your timelines and give others hope.
Did u need to send any insurance papers?
I am married with partner frm France and working in UK.
Send application 1/6/11
recd COA 9/7/11
requested for spouse passport 11/7/11
2nd request for spouse passport on 1/8
recd spouse passport on 6/8. (travel is next week so thats a relief)
waiting for RC.....hopefully by end of this month

hazel
Newly Registered

Post by hazel » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:49 am

Ukba received 04/05/2011
Coa received 20/05/2011
RC issued 18/07/2011
RC received 11/08/2011

So so happy. This forum has really helped me. Good luck to people waiting. Your time will come. Keep updating your timelines and give others hope.
Hi, First congratulation to you..
I want to ask when you were waiting for your RC, i mean the duration time between the 04/05/2011 to 11/08/2011, did the UK border agency make any visit to your home or call you???? I am asking because we have changed our address because we were living in a rented house. But our case is being dealt through a solicitor so all correspondence will be delivered to the solicitor address.
Please reply.
Thanks.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:55 am

hazel wrote:

Ukba received 04/05/2011
Coa received 20/05/2011
RC issued 18/07/2011
RC received 11/08/2011

Hi, First congratulation to you..
I want to ask when you were waiting for your RC, i mean the duration time between the 04/05/2011 to 11/08/2011, did the UK border agency make any visit to your home or call you???? I am asking because we have changed our address because we were living in a rented house. But our case is being dealt through a solicitor so all correspondence will be delivered to the solicitor address.
Please reply.
Thanks.

You should send change of address form to them they will update your address on their system.

JOZIO1453

Post by JOZIO1453 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:04 am

I am goin out of UK after 2 weeks.still I did not get my RC,I hope I wil have no problem when I wil turn back here.I have just COA at all ;)

and can I have 2 residence in 2 different country same time ?exept my homeland ?

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:07 am

JOZIO1453 wrote:I am goin out of UK after 2 weeks.still I did not get my RC,I hope I wil have no problem when I wil turn back here.I have just COA at all ;)

and can I have 2 residence in 2 different country same time ?exept my homeland ?

I don't think they will let you in with coa,You might have to apply for FMRS to get back to uk,this is what I was told when i called EU inquiry line.

JOZIO1453

Post by JOZIO1453 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:42 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:
JOZIO1453 wrote:I am goin out of UK after 2 weeks.still I did not get my RC,I hope I wil have no problem when I wil turn back here.I have just COA at all ;)

I don't think they will let you in with coa,You might have to apply for FMRS to get back to uk,this is what I was told when i called EU inquiry line.
I am in process for a residance card right now how i wil apply for some other visa type.
I think i wil show my all documents when I wil go to my country and I wil get visa for 3 months. and come back with it.
I hope so ;)

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

RC Received

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:22 pm

Finally, I got Rc.
Thank you so much everyone in this forum for their help and kind advices.
Its a really great platform I pay tribute to the contributors of this site.
Last edited by imraniqbal2010 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:20 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:

You are aware that FMRS was the family member residence stamp given to the non-EEA national family members of A8 national workers for the first year (and was an in-country application)?

A non-EEA family member if he/she has ID, can prove the relationship to and, in this case. the presence of the EEA national must, in principle. be admitted to the UK. The CoA could indeed be useful for that purpose. But if you are a visa national how to you want to get on the plane?

You probably would have to apply for an EEA family permit. With the lack of supporting material this may be a challenge.

JOZIO1453

Re: RC Received

Post by JOZIO1453 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:21 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:Finally, I have received my Residence Card today,
congratulations :)

JOZIO1453

Post by JOZIO1453 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:30 pm

86ti wrote:
imraniqbal2010 wrote:

You are aware that FMRS was the family member residence stamp given to the non-EEA national family members of A8 national workers for the first year (and was an in-country application)?

A non-EEA family member if he/she has ID, can prove the relationship to and, in this case. the presence of the EEA national must, in principle. be admitted to the UK. The CoA could indeed be useful for that purpose. But if you are a visa national how to you want to get on the plane?

You probably would have to apply for an EEA family permit. With the lack of supporting material this may be a challenge.
I applied for FMRS for the first time even i sent this all documents for this but they accept for residence card. I wanted just stamp but home office put me to the residence card.
so I think i cant come back to UK without RC.
thats the point when my case sorted and I would have rc,how I wil recieve ?
when I cant be in the UK.(I must leave here for my bussines so its emergency thats why I am going)
all is so complicate.

berber

Post by berber » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi imraniqbal2010,

Congratulation!!!

i have applied on 01/06 as you seen down the message still haven't received anything yet.

can tel us if you applied as married couple or... did they requested new pasport or...
please more detail on your case !!!
Time Scale:

01/06/2011----------EEA2 appl Received by H O
27/06/2011----------CoA issued
14/07/2011----------CoA arrived
29/09/2011 ----------Rc arrived

I applied under EU law my wife German EU Treaty Rights.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:02 pm

berber wrote:
Hi imraniqbal2010,

Congratulation!!!

i have applied on 01/06 as you seen down the message still haven't received anything yet.

can tel us if you applied as married couple or... did they requested new pasport or...
please more detail on your case !!!

Yes,I sent new passport to case-worker,& applied as married partner.
I was working full-time and my mrs part-time.

alexandrette
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alexandrette » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Hey there!

I have a question . I want to request my partners passport and actually I called home office for that and they asked if my partner was with me so that they could speak to him as he is the owner of the passport. I was not ready for this as i didnt know because my partner went to his country for a week to see his family with his id.

Well the reason i requested it is to see if that would help the application to be processed any faster as its been almost 3 months now.

Is there anybody with the same experience when they requested their EEA spouses'/partners' passports or id cards? Did home office ask the same thing?

My partner is ready to ask for it and we would be grateful if you could share your experiences or knowledge about the way to ask for it.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:54 pm

alexandrette wrote:Hey there!

I have a question . I want to request my partners passport and actually I called home office for that and they asked if my partner was with me so that they could speak to him as he is the owner of the passport. I was not ready for this as i didnt know because my partner went to his country for a week to see his family with his id.

Well the reason i requested it is to see if that would help the application to be processed any faster as its been almost 3 months now.

Is there anybody with the same experience when they requested their EEA spouses'/partners' passports or id cards? Did home office ask the same thing?

My partner is ready to ask for it and we would be grateful if you could share your experiences or knowledge about the way to ask for it.

Thanks
Just ask your partner to use the email address LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk
stating the HO reference number.
See full details at the links at bottom of this page

EDIT:
Also, I don't think that asking for the EEA national passport would speed things up. It's the applicant passport request which might speed things up (in case it is already allocated to a case worker and just sits in a big pile). The "risk" is that they will issue the Residence Card on A4 paper and not as a vignette.

JOZIO1453

Post by JOZIO1453 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:52 pm

alexandrette wrote:Hey there!

Thanks
I wrote there and offcicer turn me back with advice that is if i can travel with marriage certificate dont take ur passport.
so i said there is no way to go out of UK without passport so pls send me.
and I got my passprt after 2days from this conversation;)
and i have no RC still (this conversation was 1 month before)

dotsystem
Nigeria

Re: EEA2 Timeline

Post by dotsystem » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:44 am

Ken G wrote:My timeline below

Applied - 26/4/11
COA - after 2 weeks
RC on A4 - 5/8/11

Applied as spouse of eea national and application sent without passport or ID card.

Good luck to all genuine applicants.
Pls did you mean you sent your application without yours or eea passport, or both, and they didnt request for it. Thank you

berber

Post by berber » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:24 am

Still waiting nothing come up
Time Scale:

Ken G
Newly Registered

Post by Ken G » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:08 am

[quote="dotsystemPls did you mean you sent your application without yours or eea passport, or both, and they didnt request for it. Thank you[/quote]

I sent it without my passport as i didnt have one. My spouse's passport was requested as part of covering letter and they sent it back with the COA.

berber

Post by berber » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:13 am

Hi could people who has received thier RC or any news from home office to update us!
Time Scale:

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:16 am

berber wrote:Hi could people has received thier RC or any news from home office to update us!

Hey Berber,

You should get your's in this week or by next week,As I applied one day after you and i got mine this week.So be prepared to receive it.

alexandrette
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alexandrette » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:40 am

imraniqbal2010 wrote:
berber wrote:Hi could people has received thier RC or any news from home office to update us!

Hey Berber,

You should get your's in this week or by next week,As I applied one day after you and i got mine this week.So be prepared to receive it.
imraniqbal

When do you think I should get mine??????

26 May 2011 received by home office
24 june received COA

I apliied earlier than you!!!!!!

The point is; it is very wrong to give people hope especially when you know that Home Office is quite inconsistent dealing with the order of applications and each case are different from to each other. Which means it could be longer, or shorter etc.

My frustration gets bigger when I know that I have made straightforward application and see other people who applied after me and they already enjoy the possesion of Residence Card. Fair enough and congratulations but do not do that, its wrong dont do that!!!!

Fair enough

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:44 am

alexandrette wrote:
imraniqbal2010 wrote:

Hey Berber,

imraniqbal

When do you think I should get mine??????

26 May 2011 received by home office
24 june received COA

I apliied earlier than you!!!!!!

The point is; it is very wrong to give people hope especially when you know that Home Office is quite inconsistent dealing with the order of applications and each case are different from to each other. Which means it could be longer, or shorter etc.

My frustration gets bigger when I know that I have made straightforward application and see other people who applied after me and they already enjoy the possesion of Residence Card. Fair enough and congratulations but do not do that, its wrong dont do that!!!!

Fair enough

By telling that some one got RC card does not increase the tention but gives the idea that home office are dealing with the cases from that date.& it gives a hope that if they are dealing around that date so he should be receiving it shortly as well.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:01 am

alexandrette wrote:When do you think I should get mine?
It's is really pointless to speculate when that would be esp. without knowing the inner workings of the Liverpool team. Reported timelines given here can only be rough estimates. There are probably many reasons why individual applications take longer than others even if they seem straightforward. Legally, the UKBA has six months time to finalise an application. You do not have an entitlement to receive the RC earlier.

alexandrette
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alexandrette » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:04 am

86ti wrote:
It's is really pointless to speculate when that would be esp. without knowing the inner workings of the Liverpool team. Reported timelines given here can only be rough estimates. There are probably many reasons why individual applications take longer than others even if they seem straightforward. Legally, the UKBA has six months time to finalise an application. You do not have an entitlement to receive the RC earlier.
I guess you have read the rest of my post, right???

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:40 am

alexandrette wrote:
86ti wrote:
I guess you have read the rest of my post, right???
I provided my answer as an advice to the general readership on this forum. You do not have to take everything personal.

Can you please stop using excessive punctuation as per the T&Cs.