ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC application using NCS - question about documents needed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sylang
Newly Registered

BC application using NCS - question about documents needed

Post by sylang » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:53 am

the appointment letter from NCS lists some documents that i need to bring where appropriate. This includes a letter from my employer confirming my employment and P60's covering the period of my employment.

my appointment is tomorrow but i can't find my P60s and probably too late to get an emplyer's letter. The P60's May be misplaced after I got my ILR. I wonder whether these are really needed for my BC application. my case is standard 5yr work permit -> ILR + 1yr -> BC. the AN form guidance only askes for evidence of lawful residence, which i believe can be demonstrated by the wp visa on my passport.

Any one has similar experience or any views?

thank you

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:01 am

There is no requirement to be employed during the residence period. You don't need to provide P60. If your passport is stamped on entries to the UK, that should be enough to prove residence.

sylang
Newly Registered

Post by sylang » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:08 pm

thanks. this is also how I interpreted the guidance

sylang
Newly Registered

Post by sylang » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:16 pm

just to confirm:

My understanding is that i only need my Life in the UK pass letter and my passport as my supporting document. My passport is sufficient to cover:

1. my identification
2. evidence of lawful residence via my old 5-yr WP visa (also records of entrys into the UK)
3. ILR stamp to show that i am not under immigration control

can only one with personal experience pelase confirm? thank you.

sylang
Newly Registered

Post by sylang » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:39 pm

just phoned UKBA and the above interpretation is correct. Probably very self-explantary anyway but just in case

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:44 pm

sylang wrote:just phoned UKBA and the above interpretation is correct. Probably very self-explantary anyway but just in case
Now that you have got this cleared,how are you going to deal with the NCS?