ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR enquiry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wtsoi
Newly Registered

ILR enquiry

Post by wtsoi » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Dear all,

Two questions for help:

1. My total work visa (work permit + Tier 1 (General)) will cover 4 years 11 months and 21 days which is less than 5 years. Can I still apply for ILR?

2. During my work visas, I worked for 2-3 months as part-time, then the rest in full time, will it be a problem for the application?

Many thanks!

Tsoi :lol:

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: ILR enquiry - work 4yrs11months21days

Post by mk357 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:15 am

wtsoi wrote:Dear all,

Two questions for help:

1. My total work visa (work permit + Tier 1 (General)) will cover 4 years 11 months and 21 days which is less than 5 years. Can I still apply for ILR?

2. During my work visas, I worked for 2-3 months as part-time, then the rest in full time, will it be a problem for the application?

Many thanks!

You could apply for ILR after 4 years, 11 months and 2-3 days if you fulfill all the requirements. Part-time working on a T1G shouldn't be a problem. On WP you could work overtime for the same employer but not for another.

xyz123

Re: ILR enquiry - work 4yrs11months21days

Post by xyz123 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:54 pm

wtsoi wrote:Dear all,

Two questions for help:

Many thanks!

Was your work permit obtained in UK or out of UK? If out of UK, what date did you actually enter UK?

One can apply up to 28 days before completing 5 years. So if ur WP application was incountry then you have no problem with having 7 days less visa than complete 5 years.

wtsoi
Newly Registered

Thank you very much for you guys!

Post by wtsoi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:55 am

Dear guys,

Thank you very much for your advice! I really appreciate you!

Best wishes,

Tsoi

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:04 pm

wtsoi wrote:Dear,

I'm going to apply for the indefinitive leave to remain (permanent residence) in UK. The application form (SET (O), updated for application on and after May 2011) states:

If you have a spouse listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.

Do you know:

1. When does it count from? (Count from my last grant of leave to remain which is on 21 NOV 2008 (Tier 1) , or count from the most recent years?)

2. Count for how long, two years? If so, does it mean that I need to provide evidence from 21 NOV 2008 up to 21 NOV 2010 (if it counts from my last grant of leave to remain) or I need to provide the evidence in the most recent two years (if it counts from the most recent years)?

3. What documents are required? How many different sources of documents are required?

4. My wife only has bank statements as I pay for all bills. Is it OK? If not, can I use a council tax bill (10 instalments) which contains both our names on? can I use tenancy agreement? Can I use GP letters sent to my wife, however, the GP letter does not cover the whole period? If it's still not OK, Can I ask the GP to write a letter to prove that my wife is registered with them for the period claimed, or can I ask the water, electricity, gas, phone company to add my wife's name on my previous bills?

Many thanks!

Best wishes,

:D Tsoi
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:21 pm

1. Ideally cohabitation documents covering 2 years preceding the settlement application.
2. A dependant needs to provide evidence of having lived in the UK with you for at least 2 years, so if you cannot provide documentary evidences to show cohabitation in the 2 years preceding the settlement application then you may provide a spread of documents covering a period of two years since you were last granted leave (e.g. - Nov. 08 - Nov. 10). But do note that a caseworker may then suspect that you may not be living together since then (Nov. '10) and may request for additional documents or arrive at a decision (approval / refusal) without requesting for any additional information.
3. Refer to FLR(M) or SET(M) to understand the sort of documentary evidence(s) UKBA accepts as proof of cohabitation.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

y.pango
Newly Registered

Post by y.pango » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:41 pm

With regards to having less than 5 years on your VISA, I had the same problem which took me almost a year sort out; expiring exactly 4 years & 11 months.
The answer is yes, you can apply for ILR..
My situation and letters are detailed here: http://pangosworld.blogspot.co.uk/2012/ ... onths.html