ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Out of country for 60 days- ILR Implications

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nks

Out of country for 60 days- ILR Implications

Post by nks » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Hello,

I have read many posts on maximum number of days you may be out in last 5 years (180 days), no. of days permissible in a row (90) etc but there is no clear indication from guidelines that the 90 days in a row could be for any circumstances.

In my case, I started in UK right on my visa start date, searched for job for about 2 months, got it, moved back to home country to serve notice period and came back after 2 months to join the new job. Hence this will not be considered in 'continued to be employed in UK', nor 'inline with annual leaves'. Do I still get covered by magic figure of '90 days'?

Cheers,
nks

ilrtier1

Re: Out of country for 60 days- ILR Implications

Post by ilrtier1 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:21 am

I also have similar problem. I was without job for almost 8 months, and in that 8 months I went to home country for 2 months. So the two months is not in line with annual holidays and I didn't have any income during that period. please share what you are planning to do with your case.

nks

Post by nks » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:17 pm

ilrtier1 wrote:I also have similar problem. I was without job for almost 8 months, and in that 8 months I went to home country for 2 months. So the two months is not in line with annual holidays and I didn't have any income during that period. please share what you are planning to do with your case.
I am hoping for some experienced members to throw some light here.

Thanks in advance,
nks

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:26 am

nks wrote:Hello,

I have read many posts on maximum number of days you may be out in last 5 years (180 days), no. of days permissible in a row (90) etc but there is no clear indication from guidelines that the 90 days in a row could be for any circumstances.

In my case, I started in UK right on my visa start date, searched for job for about 2 months, got it, moved back to home country to serve notice period and came back after 2 months to join the new job. Hence this will not be considered in 'continued to be employed in UK', nor 'inline with annual leaves'. Do I still get covered by magic figure of '90 days'?

Cheers,
nks
I don't see any problem as long as you are within the above limits i.e. 180 and 90 days.