ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Office Reference - 3.5 - Address of Tax Office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR_Queries

Tax Office Reference - 3.5 - Address of Tax Office

Post by ILR_Queries » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:01 am

Hi,

I have read in some of the threads about the Address of Tax Office, which some suggest it is Same as the PAYE Reference Number.

Can i get a concurrence on the same from experienced people in this forum.

I am aware of the Accountant & their address details, that my employer uses. is it worth mentioning their address details or should i mention the PAYE Reference number alone?

Please suggest.

Kind Regards

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:50 am

Do you have a Notice of Coding (P2) from HMRC? If so, just quote the HMRC address on that.

If no Notice of Coding then ask your employer for the address of the tax office.

But in any case, because of HMRC reorganisation, this is really not an issue now. If you look at this HMRC webpage you will see that telephone enquiries now go to just one number for PAYE, for the whole country. And in the absence of a "local" address, just one address.

In other words, it is all just one big computer system, that can be accessed from any relevant HMRC office.
John

lionking007

Re: Tax Office Reference - 3.5 - Address of Tax Office

Post by lionking007 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:36 am

Have a look at the HMRC website below, you can enter the details and get the address of the tax office

http://search3.openobjects.com/kbroker/ ... jsp?type=0
ILR_Queries wrote:Hi,

I have read in some of the threads about the Address of Tax Office, which some suggest it is Same as the PAYE Reference Number.

Can i get a concurrence on the same from experienced people in this forum.

I am aware of the Accountant & their address details, that my employer uses. is it worth mentioning their address details or should i mention the PAYE Reference number alone?

Please suggest.

Kind Regards

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:41 am

No, that is for Corporation Tax. Not necessarily for PAYE. HMRC has done strange things in allocating work to its various offices.
John

ILR_Queries

Post by ILR_Queries » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:41 am

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

I did contact the HMRC and gave my first 3 digits of the PAYE Code, they gave me the Address of my Tax Office, which is one of their branches.

I believe, the PAYE Code and the Tax Office Address details are enough for the Section 3.5.

Should that be ok?

Kind Regards

x-ray

Post by x-ray » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:49 pm

Yes that should be enough for section 3.5

If you have received letters Recently from Hmrc the tax office address you need should be on it. Since you have got it now and adding the PAYE code you are good to go.

Good luck.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Tax office branch/county name should actually appear as a standard on your payslip. That is all you need for the Form.

ILR_Queries

Post by ILR_Queries » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:46 pm

gidoc wrote:Tax office branch/county name should actually appear as a standard on your payslip. That is all you need for the Form.
But i don't seem to find any such details in my payslip. May be my employer using a different standard format than what you have observed.

Anyways, based on the inputs received here, i believe the PAYE reference and the Tax office details should suffice.

Thanks for your inputs.

Kind Regards