ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zara01
Newly Registered

Post by zara01 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:10 pm

shahid khan wrote:Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email. The application will be dealt with shortly and returned to Gerrys . You can track this by logging onto the website www.ukvacpk.com

Yours sincerely,

any one got msg like this if yes please tell me how long then it took wen gery text u to collect passport from them
After how long did they reply back to your email and what was the email address you sent...? If you could please let me know... thanx

shahid khan

Post by shahid khan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:15 pm

zara01 wrote:
shahid khan wrote:Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email. The application will be dealt with shortly and returned to Gerrys . You can track this by logging onto the website www.ukvacpk.com

Yours sincerely,

any one got msg like this if yes please tell me how long then it took wen gery text u to collect passport from them
After how long did they reply back to your email...?
hi zara
they have replied me after one week. mine application is also in 13 weeks
wen did u submit ur application?

khan786

Post by khan786 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Salaam all just been to my court hearing today.
Home office was trying to confuse me about holiday entitlement why I changed jobs. Basically making a mountain of a hole.

But my solicitor was excellent.

He was spot on about my income. Judge got rather confused with home office rep and was getting impatient with him.

All in all I am confident my wifes appeal will be allowed hopefully by eid Inshallah!
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

sajidmahmood

Turn around timing for spouse visa

Post by sajidmahmood » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:31 am

hi,

My sister in law applied for spouse visa from Islamabad today and we wonder how long will they take to make a decision? Do you get quicker response if your case is straight forward?

thanks

ss27

Post by ss27 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:20 am

everyday_4_u wrote:Salam members again after absence of a 3 weeks. Many of new members may have joined this form. I was busy in making my appeal documents as i got refusal (few members knows) on 25th July and i have lodge appeal on 15th August and documents reached to tribunal on 17th August. I would like to ask did anybody got appeal acknowledgement letter? If yes then after how many days? Please let me know. i think SS27 or bately khan may answer being as old member and appealant or any one who might know? Thanks.

Salam Bro

nice to c u back, i didnt go for appeal i re-submitted my application apparently my solictor advised me dont go for appeal beacz we cant approve the point which they made so instead wasting time and money on the appeal its better go for new application so idid

did u submitted appeal via solicitor or urself

Good Luck for the appeal hope fully u will get some thing soon

Rmember in ur prayers

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:26 am

Hi aaa123,

I am not from Mirpur but you have to do the TB test via IOM and the address i gave is of the office in Mirpur. You can either ring or email them to arrange an appointment. Telephone number is 0511 1146 6472. If you want email address let me know.

You need evidence of contact as this is the main reason of rejection at moment. Greeting cards, skype, calling records, etc are necessary.

A covering letter would be a letter explaining your circumstances and why you are applying now, i.e. why gap? and any other weakness of your case should be explained and also about your relationship.

I am not sure what you mean by sponsorship letter, if you mean a sponsorship form which is done in front of a solicitor then that is definitely needed.

Anything else, feel free to ask.

Shahid Khan - it means within next few days, i.e. a week or so you should get a message to pick up passport.

Zara01 - it would be better if you would email BHC.

I have been told by Shadow86 that Aakhmir has created a new spreadsheet, I have tried contacting him as it is password protected. I am willing to amend the spreadsheet on a daily basis as I found it really useful and I am sure it will be to people who have applied. So would Aakhmir contact me please or anyone else who has control of it. Thanks

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:43 am

hi,

My sister in law applied for spouse visa from Islamabad today and we wonder how long will they take to make a decision? Do you get quicker response if your case is straight forward?

thanks
The normal time frame is 12 weeks, however all applications are different as circumstances are not the same for everybody. Sometimes they may ignore a major problem and other times they may just pick up on something so trivial. So its all individual. You could expect a max of three months but again it may only take a few weeks. Good Luck

Hope that helped :)
Allah is the greatest!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:45 am

Hi
I am not sure what you mean by sponsorship letter, if you mean a sponsorship form which is done in front of a solicitor then that is definitely needed.
According to my understanding a sponsor declaration is prepared by the solicitor on the Sponsor's behalf. It confirms that you wish to sponsor the applicant etc.
Allah is the greatest!

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:05 am

Exquisit33

You are right it is done by a Solicitor and and confirms the Sponsor will maintain and accomadate the applicant.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:15 am

nazema wrote:Exquisit33

You are right it is done by a Solicitor and and confirms the Sponsor will maintain and accomadate the applicant.
No it can be done by oneself and does not need to be signed by a solicitor at all.

For your info, I would not use the one on the UKBA website, as this is only used by ECO when they insist an individual to take an undertaking that THEY insist on.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... ponsorform

sha7860
Newly Registered

visa refuse

Post by sha7860 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:19 am

bad news guys...my wife visa got refused.
it was refused on 28 july 2010 and we got a message from gerrys on 16 of august that its ready for collection.
we have only 20 days from the day of refusal(28 july)
we received the documents today..
im so confused only 5 more days left to appeal against that decision.
can some one please tell me where to submit that appeal.thanks and jazakallah

batleykhan

Re: visa refuse

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:25 am

sha7860 wrote:bad news guys...my wife visa got refused.
it was refused on 28 july 2010 and we got a message from gerrys on 16 of august that its ready for collection.
Don t worry, your 28 days to appeal starts from the day your RECEIVED the refusal (19/08/11), not when it was refused :wink:

shahid khan

Post by shahid khan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 am

its sad news bro but dont worry u will get visa in reviw or court INSHALAHA
on which basis did they refuse.
it would be good to contact a good lawyer any where in Pak or UK but i would recommend UK. in my case there was only 2 hours left wen i appeal. i was lucky i got visa in review. it took nearly 4 month for review.
best of luck.

ss27

Post by ss27 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:32 am

Sorry to hear that really sorry i know what u feeling i been to this situation before

on which basis they refused

really sorry bro , Inshallah it will b ok Batley khan is right u got enough time its starts from today

shahid khan

Post by shahid khan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:41 am

batleykhan wrote:
Don t worry, your 28 days to appeal starts from the day your RECEIVED the refusal (19/08/11), not when it was refused :wink:
iam not gree with u batlly khan it start from wen visa been refused 28/july/2011 becuse i been through this all wen i submit my application i was nearlly missed the chance of appeal becuse only 2 hours left wen my lawyer fax them my documents etc. any how you can ask u lawyer as well but iam 99% sure. ask as soon as possible because there is saturday and sunday as well lawyer doesnt work on those days.

BEST OF LUCK

ALLAHA IS THE GREATEST

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:50 am

@ Sha7860

Really sorry to hear the bad news. Lets hope appeal goes well for you and that it is successful.

@ Nazema:
To my knowledge, well how my solicitor explained to me, there are two different things:
Sponsor Letter/Declaration is the one prepared by solicitor and signed by the sponsor. This is what confirms that you wish to sponsor the applicant and can support them etc.

And VAF4 Form is the one filled by the applicant NOT necessary for the solicitor to fill or can be done by solicitor.
Last edited by Exquisit33 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allah is the greatest!

sha7860
Newly Registered

visa

Post by sha7860 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:53 am

is there anyway i can email to confirm this thing please...
any email address please

ss27

Re: visa

Post by ss27 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:57 am

sha7860 wrote:is there anyway i can email to confirm this thing please...
any email address please
u can gerrys or bhc islambad Direct

u didnt tell us on which basis they refused

ss27

Re: visa

Post by ss27 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:03 am

ss27 wrote:
sha7860 wrote:is there anyway i can email to confirm this thing please...
any email address please

u can gerrys or bhc islambad Direct or it should mention on the refusal notice

u didnt tell us on which basis they refused

shahid khan

Post by shahid khan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:19 am

2day 3 months completed since i applied but still says under the process in BHC.
pray for me that i get good news in this week. its been a long wait.

applied 18/05/2011
under the process in bhc 1/6/2011
still waiting........?

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:33 am

Exquisit33

A sponsorship form (one which you fill in the name, address, job title, who you are sponsoring) has to be done in front of a Solicitor as you declaring it.

A VAF4 Form is an application form not a sponsorship form.

shahid khan

Post by shahid khan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:46 am

i have a question

my wife has been give 2 years and 3 month visa and she is waiting for her son visa. on coming 24 august her 3 months will be complete in Pakistan. if she didn't come out in those 3 months does it matter. any reply will appreciated.

ALLAHA IS GREAT

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:48 am

@ Nazema,

Yeh I think, but I'm more confused now lol
May be someone with expertise will be able to Clarify this for us. :?
Allah is the greatest!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:53 am

Can someone help me, as I need some information, basically I wanted to find out is the IELTS same as the tests by EMD?

My husband submitted certificates which said EMD Assessment. Is this the A1? Scores on that were out of 100%
Allah is the greatest!

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Batley Khan

I am referring to the Sponsorship form not a sponsorship undertaking