ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query Regarding 'Tier 1 (general) DEPENDENT' visa query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vivekbhadra
Newly Registered

Query Regarding 'Tier 1 (general) DEPENDENT' visa query

Post by vivekbhadra » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:38 am

Hi,

I am working in UK for the last 6 and a half months under Tier 1 general visa and now I am about to apply for my wife and child's dependant visa. My question is:

1. do I need to submit two copies of the original documents? Particularly I have single copy of the tenancy agreemnt, also the NOC letter from agency, my work reference letter, signed copy of salary slip etc.

2. Does my wife should write two seperate cover letters or should she write one? Bit confused in this part. Same for me, should I have to write two seperate sponsorship letter or should I write one and mention both of them in the same.

3. The last is the maintenance fund, and it seems to be the most confusing one. I have £4000 (£1600 + £1600 + £800) in savings account maintained for the last more than 3 months now. Also I have two fixed deposits each woth £1500 and these are encashable on demand. Should I also get FD certificate from the bank and attach it with the savings bank account statement and declare I also have these funds on top of the £4000. Or it will create more confusion for them.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

-Vivek

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:58 am

Given that you have your leave, you need only show maintenance for your dependants who are applying.

You don't need to show proof of accommodations for this category of leave. The maintenance money is sufficient.

vivekbhadra
Newly Registered

Post by vivekbhadra » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi Lucapooka,

Thanks for your reply. I have leave till 1st Dec, 2012.