ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

balu_tyco
Newly Registered

ILR Query

Post by balu_tyco » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:56 pm

Hello Frineds,
hope all are doing well!!

my cousin is on tier1 and based on present immigration rules he can apply for ILR in early 2013,his spouse is pregnant and going to India in a month and she will be there until month of May next year,so that would be around 7-8 months and she will back with baby(bless them).
so this scenario can affect their ILR application? could some one please suggest how many months can dependent and main applicant can be out side of UK,may be these type of questions might asked already in this forum but please suggest me.Thanks

balu_tyco
Newly Registered

Post by balu_tyco » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:45 pm

Hello Friends,

Could you please some one suggest me.

Thanks

ksab

Post by ksab » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:33 am

For the main applicant,

*there should be no absences more than 90 days continuously - they apply that quite seriously

*if the paid annual leave + work related travel is less than 180 days altogether then it's fine, otherwise a letter from employer regarding work related travel etc. would help, but it's at the discretion of the caseworker.

xyz123

Re: ILR Query

Post by xyz123 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:56 pm

balu_tyco wrote:Hello Frineds,
hope all are doing well!!

my cousin is on tier1 and based on present immigration rules he can apply for ILR in early 2013,his spouse is pregnant and going to India in a month and she will be there until month of May next year,so that would be around 7-8 months and she will back with baby(bless them).
so this scenario can affect their ILR application? could some one please suggest how many months can dependent and main applicant can be out side of UK,may be these type of questions might asked already in this forum but please suggest me.Thanks
What visa is your cousin's spouse on?

balu_tyco
Newly Registered

Post by balu_tyco » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:49 pm

She is in Tier-1 Dependent Visa..

balu_tyco
Newly Registered

Post by balu_tyco » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:50 pm

some one saying to me that even dependent need min 2 years of stay before going to apply for ILR, is that true?? sorry this is addition to my main question. Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:12 pm

balu_tyco wrote:some one saying to me that even dependent need min 2 years of stay before going to apply for ILR, is that true?? sorry this is addition to my main question. Thanks
Yes. For simplicity, consider having baby born in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

balu_tyco
Newly Registered

Post by balu_tyco » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:44 am

vinny wrote:
balu_tyco wrote:some one saying to me that even dependent need min 2 years of stay before going to apply for ILR, is that true?? sorry this is addition to my main question. Thanks
Yes. For simplicity, consider having baby born in the UK.
Thanks all,
I might come back with some other queries.
you all guys are brilliant in our forum.

Cheers

balu_tyco
Newly Registered

Post by balu_tyco » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions and replies.

I am going to apply ILR in first week of October 2011, I came into UKin November 2006 as WP Holder, in 2009 April I have changed to Tier 1 General, Though I am working for same company.

I would like to add my wife and my son to the application.
my wife came here to UK as student in 2008 September, we got married in UK in December 2008, she went to India to apply for dependent Visa and she got entry clearnce(nearly 3 months) she got the dependent Visa on September 2009 but she enetered in UK just after 2 weeks of her stamping date, then she went last year after born of my child to visit my parents and stayed in India for 5 months.

due to this new 2 Years rule for dependents could you please suggest me,is it OK for me to apply for ILR for my wife too.

is that 2 Years menas no absences in that period??

Your suggetsions are much appreciated.

Thanks....

balu_tyco
Newly Registered

Post by balu_tyco » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:28 pm

Hello Friends,

Could some one please suggest me on my query, I am bit unclear with 2 years period.

Looking forward for some kind replies from our gurus.

Cheers

balu_tyco
Newly Registered

Post by balu_tyco » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:35 am

Hello Friends,could you please suggest me on my questions, also in ILR application form for Tier 1(General) based if I got the enough points last time i applied tier 1(i.e april 2009) can i get the same points also now,could any senior member suggest me please.

Thanks...