ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for BC and Spouse settlement Visa clarifications..

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

visitkans

Applying for BC and Spouse settlement Visa clarifications..

Post by visitkans » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:43 am

Hi All,

My wife has applied for her settlement Visa on Aug 15th and am planning to apply for my BC by Aug end, have a couple of clarifications pls..

1. Will the BC application cause any issues with my wife's settlement visa process.

2. Once i get my BC and then later on once i receive my passport, whats the process to change my wife's dependent visa from my old ILR to my new passport?
(hopefully she would be in the UK by then)

Thanks in advance.

K.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:37 pm

My wife has applied for her settlement Visa on Aug 15th and am planning to apply for my BC by Aug end, have a couple of clarifications pls..
1. Will the BC application cause any issues with my wife's settlement visa process.
No
2. Once i get my BC and then later on once i receive my passport, whats the process to change my wife's dependent visa from my old ILR to my new passport?
You say above that she is applying for settlement visa! Which is correct??

visitkans

Post by visitkans » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Am not sure on this one, basically she is applying settlement visa, am on ILR at the moment, so is that the same as dependent visa? or is it a different one.

The visa form VAF4A says its a settlement visa ("as a spouse of a settled person")

could you pls clarify..

Thanks
K

gg234

Post by gg234 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Your wife will be 27 months settlement visa and after 2 years of stary in UK she is eligible for ILR and after 1 year for BC (If current rules doesn't change)

Thanks

visitkans wrote:

Am not sure on this one, basically she is applying settlement visa, am on ILR at the moment, so is that the same as dependent visa? or is it a different one.

The visa form VAF4A says its a settlement visa ("as a spouse of a settled person")

could you pls clarify..

Thanks
K