ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Examples of Third Party Accomodation Sponsorship Documents?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hredderson

Examples of Third Party Accomodation Sponsorship Documents?

Post by hredderson » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Can anyone please provide me with a list or examples of the documentation they provided with their fiance or spousal visa applications to show that they have third party accommodation support?

My fiance and I plan to live with his father for at least 6 months after I arrive in the UK. His father owns his own home which meets the minimum space requirements but I am looking for specific details on what documentation proof I should submit with my application to this effect.

I am thinking:
Proof of mortgage
photos and /or floor plan of home showing dimensions and space
Letter from his father saying he is happy to have us there rent free

Would I need to have his father show proof of his pension/other income as well?

Any and all recommendations would be appreciated!!! Thank you!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:22 pm

Your examples are fine. Your father-in-law won't need to submit bank statements etc as he isn't offering financial support, simply accommodation.
He will need to state how many occupants there are in the house at present.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:21 am

All you need is a supporting letter from your father in law to say that he is happy to allow you to stay with them as long as you want or until such time you find your accommodation.

If you are struggling to word it, send me a pm with your email address and I will send a standard letter for this purpose.

pompeyboy

Post by pompeyboy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:58 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing that letter too if that's possible.

hredderson

Post by hredderson » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:38 pm

batleykhan wrote:All you need is a supporting letter from your father in law to say that he is happy to allow you to stay with them as long as you want or until such time you find your accommodation.

If you are struggling to word it, send me a pm with your email address and I will send a standard letter for this purpose.
Thank you! I have sent you a PM requesting this.

pompeyboy

Post by pompeyboy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:56 pm

What's the difference between "certified" and "notarized" documents? I believe the UK VISA website says you need to provide "certified" copies, but I am confused because some people say notarized.

hredderson

Post by hredderson » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:06 pm

pompeyboy wrote:What's the difference between "certified" and "notarized" documents? I believe the UK VISA website says you need to provide "certified" copies, but I am confused because some people say notarized.
I am not 100% sure as I have asked the same question and have gotten multiple answers. What I am going to submit are official bank statements requested at my bank and then signed and stamped by someone at the actual bank.

I believe that all of the other information requested (proof of renting, mortgage, passports, etc) - copies will suffice. This is what I am going on at the moment - trying where I can to get the most official documentation I can and to submit as many original documents as I can where possible.

pompeyboy

Post by pompeyboy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:30 pm

I'm wondering if anyone that has had VISA success could post what they did? Or maybe since they have their visas, they don't come on this site anymore?

hredderson

Post by hredderson » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:33 pm

pompeyboy wrote:I'm wondering if anyone that has had VISA success could post what they did? Or maybe since they have their visas, they don't come on this site anymore?
This was a VERY helpful thread to me which explains the ENTIRE process in great detail with links to more specific information:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=66244

I would also just post a question if you have one, but try to make your question very specific. I have gotten a far better response that way.

Hope this helps!

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:11 pm

Pompeyboy,

A certified copy is normally done by a solicitor, who upon seeing the original document, then stamps a copy of the same, with the firm's details on it, and states that "this is a certified copy of the original, which has been produced to me".

All my copies were certified this way for my husband's application.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Notarised and certified are the same.