ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:57 pm

daniash wrote:I've now entered my 15th week of waiting. I am sick. :'(
Called this morning, still in queue.

What annoys me the most is the deliberate LIE the operators tell in order to avoid having to justify the delay. They say "The average is 6 months" when we all know that while some applications CAN take 6 months, the average is not 6 months, more like 8-10 weeks. But by saying so they instantly make a huge delay look normal when in fact it is not.

They are worthless.
Hi Danielle how are you...i know its very annoys what exect date you have applied.
NAZIA XX

daniash

Post by daniash » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:34 pm

Nazia88 wrote:Hi Danielle how are you...i know its very annoys what exect date you have applied.
10th May...... thanks for the support :)

I have just done some rough statistical analysis of the waiting times data we have (for May applicants).
It does seem to me that the applications are divided into two groups. I don't know what the criteria to be assigned to each group are, but that's the way it seems to be.

The first group, the 'fast track' group, seems to average 52 days give or take 7 days.
The second group, the 'slow' group, seems to average 81 days give or take 14 days.

I have now waited 99 days, which puts me at the very top of waiting times. I'm sure there are other people who have been waiting roughly the same as me, but there aren't many who have been waiting for more. Apart from an example of a January application still pending, for which I feel really sorry.

I know that the phone operators will never tell me any details or reasons, but do you guys have any idea whether I can request a detailed update by letter? Anybody had any success with that?

daniash

Post by daniash » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:35 pm

[duplicate]

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:10 pm

daniash wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:Hi Danielle how are you...i know its very annoys what exect date you have applied.
10th May...... thanks for the support :)

I have just done some rough statistical analysis of the waiting times data we have (for May applicants).
It does seem to me that the applications are divided into two groups. I don't know what the criteria to be assigned to each group are, but that's the way it seems to be.

The first group, the 'fast track' group, seems to average 52 days give or take 7 days.
The second group, the 'slow' group, seems to average 81 days give or take 14 days.

I have now waited 99 days, which puts me at the very top of waiting times. I'm sure there are other people who have been waiting roughly the same as me, but there aren't many who have been waiting for more. Apart from an example of a January application still pending, for which I feel really sorry.

I know that the phone operators will never tell me any details or reasons, but do you guys have any idea whether I can request a detailed update by letter? Anybody had any success with that?
Daniash. Have patience. You are not the only one who is waiting. I am standing with you as well. (Applied on 11th) :)

skr27

approval rate

Post by skr27 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:02 am

it look like the number of approvals has slow down even further. Very few news of approvals... hope for an end to this desperate wait for many of us soon.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:08 pm

just to bring this to the top of the list :wink:

Nazia88

Re: approval rate

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:40 pm

skr27 wrote:it look like the number of approvals has slow down even further. Very few news of approvals... hope for an end to this desperate wait for many of us soon.
yepp
NAZIA XX

daniash

Post by daniash » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Thanks gorayah.
I'm sorry that you're waiting long but it's at least good to know that you're not alone.
I hope we don't have much longer to wait.
This bloody application has completely destroyed all the plans I had made for this year. I hope that everything will be well in the end.
x

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:55 pm

daniash wrote:Thanks gorayah.
I'm sorry that you're waiting long but it's at least good to know that you're not alone.
I hope we don't have much longer to wait.
This bloody application has completely destroyed all the plans I had made for this year. I hope that everything will be well in the end.
x
hope so fingercrossed
NAZIA XX

skr27

list of those who are still waiting

Post by skr27 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Hope I have got everyone's name here (only up to end of June). I wish everyone good luck and hope to see everyone out of this list soon.

April 2011
raja_no_1
giz

May 2011
Sam_London
pkalluri
lasam
daniash
Sonya24
ILR_Applicant_UK
sushdmehta
sidra4015
wezhira
Gm09
perm55
Nazia88
Jamesinderby

June 2011
Sherry101
kuralular
newsairam
Sudhirdige
Osteophytes
AALI24
krazydude
parioshah
PK
skr27
Mego_1980
sfjeelani
YVRtoLHR
bohrasa
Junaidbinyasin

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:38 pm

I know what one of the member said is totally wrong... no one can decide what is litter and what is not...

but guys...please dont take me wrong...lets discuss all the stuff here and please leave the other thread purely for timelines...it definitely worked untill now....so let us continie discussing here.....

some times its very easy to put comment on the other threadline but the more we keep comments here every one will follow that...and as the other thread is with only timelines then new members will think before adding any comments there...

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:13 pm

i agreed with you rnr79 i post few comments there aswel but i wont do that again and coz this thread is for general discussion but ti should be sticky
NAZIA XX

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:18 am

Nazia88 wrote:i agreed with you rnr79 i post few comments there aswel but i wont do that again and coz this thread is for general discussion but ti should be sticky
You can't help post on the sticky as some people naively post their questions up on there and may not be aware of the general discussion post.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:50 am

1664 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:i agreed with you rnr79 i post few comments there aswel but i wont do that again and coz this thread is for general discussion but ti should be sticky
You can't help post on the sticky as some people naively post their questions up on there and may not be aware of the general discussion post.
Yes and some people say there is a litter on that thread and they keep talking about others writing there...you know which person i am pointing out to :wink: ...

If that person wants others not to write anything they he should start himself...ok the first post he wanted to get his message through (though the tone was not correct) but at least he should stop posting anything there and then only he has right to say others...and in fact see how many comments are generating after his post....so who is contributing to the so called LITTER :wink:

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:09 am

rnr79 wrote:
1664 wrote:
Yes and some people say there is a litter on that thread and they keep talking about others writing there...you know which person i am pointing out to :wink: ...

If that person wants others not to write anything they he should start himself...ok the first post he wanted to get his message through (though the tone was not correct) but at least he should stop posting anything there and then only he has right to say others...and in fact see how many comments are generating after his post....so who is contributing to the so called LITTER :wink:
haha rnr79 I know whom you are pointing to..as they say charity begins at home! I guess that person likes to add to the "litter"..
Also there are others who cowardily send private messages asking you not to comment... pfft!

shs213

Post by shs213 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:47 am

Has anyone noticed HO picked up pace this week with people receiving letters/money being taken or is it just me?

Looking at the Nat thread - couple of ppl had recvd thier approvals and money debited - which is good KPI of HO doing somthing rgt :lol:

Must admit, it was difficult to find the relevant posts in the sticky given the amount of general discussions gone in there - so I support everyone's suggestions to avoid general chit-chats in the sticky!

1664/Vipul - did you guys hear anytihng from IPS, I got my docs returned y'day...

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:50 am

shs213 wrote:Has anyone noticed HO picked up pace this week with people receiving letters/money being taken or is it just me?

Looking at the Nat thread - couple of ppl had recvd thier approvals and money debited - which is good KPI of HO doing somthing rgt :lol:

Must admit, it was difficult to find the relevant posts in the sticky given the amount of general discussions gone in there - so I support everyone's suggestions to avoid general chit-chats in the sticky!

1664/Vipul - did you guys hear anytihng from IPS, I got my docs returned y'day...
Hi Shs213 - I haven't heard anything yet.
When did you apply again?Did you also get the interview letter y'day?Also do you know which IPS centre had your application reached?

shs213

Post by shs213 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:04 am

1664 wrote: Hi Shs213 - I haven't heard anything yet.
When did you apply again?Did you also get the interview letter y'day?Also do you know which IPS centre had your application reached?
Applied on 8th, docs reach Peterborough on 11th, passport & nat certificate arrived y'day...

I called IPS without the barcode number to ask if they already posted the interview invitation. DIDnt get anywhere without the barcode :(

I will go home and call tonight before 8pm; I have a weird feeling I've misplaced the letter containing the barcode...

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:08 am

shs213 wrote:
1664 wrote: Hi Shs213 - I haven't heard anything yet.
Applied on 8th, docs reach Peterborough on 11th, passport & nat certificate arrived y'day...

I called IPS without the barcode number to ask if they already posted the interview invitation. DIDnt get anywhere without the barcode :(

I will go home and call tonight before 8pm; I have a weird feeling I've misplaced the letter containing the barcode...
yours is gone to peterborough too...
Didd't they send you a letter when they sent you the docs back? If you have then use the ref num instead?

shs213

Post by shs213 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:18 am

1664 wrote:yours is gone to peterborough too...
Didd't they send you a letter when they sent you the docs back? If you have then use the ref num instead?
There was a little note to say your stuff is being progress... bla... returning ur docs here with... dont recall seeing a ref no in that...

I asked them if can confirm any other security Qs, the lady said NO! she was helpful though, said office open till night and to call back...

I will call tonight if i have time, if not - no big deal...

the letter might even be in the post by now... My wife's nat is still on-going, so its not like i get the passport and my journey ends :-)

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:21 am

shs213 wrote:
1664 wrote:yours is gone to peterborough too...
There was a little note to say your stuff is being progress... bla... returning ur docs here with... dont recall seeing a ref no in that...

I asked them if can confirm any other security Qs, the lady said NO! she was helpful though, said office open till night and to call back...

I will call tonight if i have time, if not - no big deal...

the letter might even be in the post by now... My wife's nat is still on-going, so its not like i get the passport and my journey ends :-)
Ok good luck with that

I just called them - my application is under examination and I should receive a letter before next week friday.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:52 am

I just called as well. same response.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:56 am

Hi guyz

i need to ask one question and its meaning

i just called homeoffice and again asked about my job he said clearly dont need to send any letter coz we have nothing to do with your occupation coz we got noted here on the system so dont need to send any letter untill requested. then i asked where is my application stand at the moment its on the top of Q or not

he answered. because your application is nearly 3 mounth now its not in the Q and its in the process and under consideration and we will write and tell me if we need anything or we wirite you to tell you the decision

any idea its been allowcated CW or not
NAZIA XX

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Nazia88 wrote:Hi guyz

i need to ask one question and its meaning

i just called homeoffice and again asked about my job he said clearly dont need to send any letter coz we have nothing to do with your occupation coz we got noted here on the system so dont need to send any letter untill requested. then i asked where is my application stand at the moment its on the top of Q or not

he answered. because your application is nearly 3 mounth now its not in the Q and its in the process and under consideration and we will write and tell me if we need anything or we wirite you to tell you the decision

any idea its been allowcated CW or not
Sounds like its under consideration and may be not long to go before you hear something....Good Luck

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:18 pm

Man_In_Barc wrote:Having applied in end of april still awaiting.What do you want me to say?
I will cheer you up, my husband applied in the middle of March and we are still waiting. Patience is a virtue :D