ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa extn. IELTS reqd or not?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilrtier1

Dependant visa extn. IELTS reqd or not?

Post by ilrtier1 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Hi,

Currently I am on Tier 1 General visa. My wife is on dependant of Tier 1. She hadn't submitted IELTS certificate or English language proof while applying for the dependant visa intially.

Now I have to Apply for ILR. She needs to extend her dependant visa, as two years hasn't completed. So can anybody suggests that, does she needs IELTS certificate or ENGLISH language proof from NARIC?She has written life in the uk test with me, and she passed. Would the certificate be enough?

Please give suggestions/advices

Thanks in advance

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Re: Dependant visa extn. IELTS reqd or not?

Post by rubina20102010 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:33 am

ilrtier1 wrote:Hi,

Currently I am on Tier 1 General visa. My wife is on dependant of Tier 1. She hadn't submitted IELTS certificate or English language proof while applying for the dependant visa intially.

Now I have to Apply for ILR. She needs to extend her dependant visa, as two years hasn't completed. So can anybody suggests that, does she needs IELTS certificate or ENGLISH language proof from NARIC?She has written life in the uk test with me, and she passed. Would the certificate be enough?

Thanks in advance
No, She doesn't need English test for Tier 1 dependent visa. BUT for partner of ILR she has to prove it.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Dependant visa extn. IELTS reqd or not?

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:56 pm

ilrtier1 wrote:Hi,

Thanks in advance
Assuming she is applying for further leave as your spouse under para 281 of the rules once you have been granted ILR then yes she will need to provide evidence of her English language and no the Life in the UK test will not be accepted as evidence as it does not test speaking and listening.

See

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e-partners