ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uni fee status

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haj
Newly Registered

uni fee status

Post by haj » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:01 pm

hi..
i'm a dependent on my father who has been given the hsmp acceptance; my application was dealt as a part of his so i hav a residence visa rite now...
i've been in the country for about a yr and want to apply to university for 2005 entrance-by which i will have only been in the country for 2yrs.
i heard from someone that even though i won't be considered a home student i might be able to get some concession on the fee because of my father being on hsmp n i being his dependent.....
:?:
any idea how it works...any help would be great as i need to decide whether i need to take a gap yr asap
thanx :)

God's House
Newly Registered

Post by God's House » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:10 pm

I might be wrong, but home student fees are reserved for people with indefinite leave in the UK who have actually lived there for 3 years at least!
Also, education is free for dependents of HSMP or other type visa permitted holders in the UK until the ages of 16 when legal compulsory education which by the way is free, stops! After which, you either pay home fees or overseas fees.
Seeing your dad's status is not that of permanent residence, and yours is not 3 years of physical residence, i don't see how you can get home fees.
I guess the moderators would know better though!

haj
Newly Registered

Post by haj » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:13 pm

yea i kno u need to be in the country for at least three yrs with perm. residence but i talked to someone who applied to uni this yr with the same status as me.....
and according to him u can get some concession..(not home student)
but concession on the int'l fee
i was wondering if that is enough it can prevent me from taking a gap yr
which i otherwise will HAV to take :(
oh n yea abt free education...i'm already getting that as i am doing A'levels from a state school :D

haj
Newly Registered

Post by haj » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:27 pm

anyone...any ideas?? :?