ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Slight Name Variations/Spelling differences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wmbassyouni
Newly Registered

Slight Name Variations/Spelling differences

Post by wmbassyouni » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:20 am

Hi I have a question regarding name variations that could exists among all the documents included in the applications. For example I noticed that my MBA and College degrees have my name spelled "Farid Bassyouni" while all my other documents (pay stubs, passport, reference letters) are spelled
"Fareed Bassyoni" (notice that Farid has an 'i' in the middle and Fareed has a double 'ee' instead. As for the last name, there is an extra 'u' being the second letter before the last in one of the spellings). Now those names are phoentically quite similar but I don't know if this is a situation that needs to be addressed further.

Post by 1971 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:38 pm

Hi,

The names are not same. Appreciate the fact that caseworkers are not from the part of your country. All the names must be same as that on your national passport. There might be some variations in other names but not these kind of your claim. Please, swear an affidavit that these are not variations but they your names in your country can be spelt in any of this form. You must also write a very detailed cover note explaing this. I hope this helps.

Wish you well.

Regards.

Post by 1971 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:39 pm

Hi,

The names are not same. Appreciate the fact that caseworkers are not from the part of your country. All the names must be same as that on your national passport. There might be some variations in other names but not these kind of your claim. Please, swear an affidavit that these are not variations but they your names in your country can be spelt in any of this form. You must also write a very detailed cover note explaing this. I hope this helps.

Wish you well.

Regards.

CrystalCanada
Newly Registered

Names

Post by CrystalCanada » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:54 pm

I have a similar issue:

My mother re-married and my name is now hyphenated. However, my birth certificate (submitted as proof of age) has only 1 name. I explained this thoroughly in the my cover letter and advised the Caseworker that I can send verification if neccessary. I hope it will be fine.

Good luck with your issue. I think getting an affadavit is very good advise ( I wish I had thought of it before mailing!)