ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - 4years 11 months after first visa instead of 1st entry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nshar1

ILR - 4years 11 months after first visa instead of 1st entry

Post by nshar1 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:24 am

Looks like a good news for many applicants.

http://www.uk-wp.com/2011/05/17/ukba-cl ... t-holders/

Can anybody confirm this or point to an UKBA official site

Nshar1

nshar1

Post by nshar1 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:53 am

nshar1

Post by nshar1 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:56 am

Official source and hence confirmed:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cross-cut/

enoyawang
Newly Registered

4 years 11 months

Post by enoyawang » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:20 pm

Immigrationboards forum always provides me a lot of suggestions from others. I would love to share my experience to the people who have similar problem.

My HSMP initial date: 06/05/2008
My tier 1 extension stamp date: 06/04/2010
My tier 1 expired date: 07/04/2013 (Sunday)

So my case is typical 4 years 11 months, base on the 28 days rule, my early settlement appointment is on 09/04/2013. I was looking for answer during last couple of months, I even called home office, people always suggest me to apply tier 1 extension.

I post my tier 1 extension on 02/03/2013, received my acknowledge letter on 08/03/2013 and payment on 06/03/2013. Just like what other people do, I was waiting and waiting.

Unfortunately, I didn’t receive biometric enroll letter instead I received all my application documents on 27/03/2013 because of incorrect payment (I paid £500 instead £1500, silly me), my application becomes invalidate. Luckily home office kindly refunded all my payment and warned me about the new payment on 06/04/2013.

Poor me, I was sick at home on 27/03/2013. Once the post man came and gave me this record letter from home office, I didn’t know what to do. First action, I called my fiancé I told him I will post tier 1 extension again with correct amount. He mentioned why not I try to apply the settlement first, if home office rejects, we can apply the extension on the same day. Hung up the phone, the first thing I called solicitor(s) to book appointment and give me some suggestions.

I always think if solicitor has some special power to book appointment. In fact, they want to consultant with me and charge me £90 to start with. The problem is they told me they need to charge me extra, because they need to site next to pc and continually try to book appointment online. And it is impossible to book appointment in such short period.

Hung up the solicitor phone, I went to UK border agency online book website with my little hope and couple of times refreshing the search. Luckily, I got 05/04/2013 appointment; I can’t describe my feeling at that moment. I got appointment and I need to collect all the documents for both settlement visa and tier 1 extension. And I need to fill in SET(O) and Tire 1 general visa application as well.

Document list I provided for SET(O):-
- 12 months current account bank statements
- 12 months pay slips
- Letter from employee
- 12 months saving account bank statements
- 3 month utility bills
- Lodger agreement
- Life in UK
- Policy Registration (if you required)
- Master qualification

My SET(O) premium service is on 10.10 05/04/2013, I arrived home office in London at 9, pass security check and paid the settlement payment. I did my application checked before I went to biometric enroll. I took me a while for this step. Once I did biometric and another long waiting time. The offer didn’t ask me any questions, he took all my prepare documents and asked me to wait. So another 30 – 60 minutes waiting time. After officer finished his lunch, about 10 mins he called me and said congratulation. A hug relief, he told me biometric card will with me in 7 working days.

I think I was really luck and I don’t suggest anyone take any risk. But if you have no choice and has similar situation like me, please prepare enough support documents. Hope my experience can help you and give you some hope as well.